I am planning to do something controversial, eating eggs immediately after worming with Ivermectin.

Pics

azygous

Addict
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Dec 11, 2009
Colorado Rockies
After discovering my flock has depluming mites, I ordered Ivermectin 1% and Saturday, I treated every chicken in my flock. Since then, I've agonized over egg withdrawal protocols and searched high and low for information on why we observed this little ritual after we worm our chickens. Nothing out there tells me why we have to do this. What will happen to me if I eat these eggs? If I can't find a scientific or medical or even common sense answer to my question, I am forced to conclude a proscription against something may boil down to hysterical nonsense.

Therefore, in the absence of scientific studies on what happens to humans that eat eggs following worming with Ivermectin, I am going to conduct, if not an actual scientific study, at least an experiment using myself as the study subject. And this is a real time thread as I plan to march into the kitchen right now and cook some eggs and eat while reporting the experience as it unfolds.

It's is 10:06 am, and I just took my first bit of three scrambled eggs. I am now consuming them.

After discovering my flock has depluming mites, I ordered Ivermectin 1% and Saturday, I treated every chicken in my flock. Since then, I've agonized over egg withdrawal protocols and searched high and low for information on why we observed this little ritual after we worm our chickens. Nothing out there tells me why we have to do this. What will happen to me if I eat these eggs? If I can't find a scientific or medical or even common sense answer to my question, I am forced to conclude a proscription against something may boil down to hysterical nonsense.

Therefore, in the absence of scientific studies on what happens to humans that eat eggs following worming with Ivermectin, I am going to conduct, if not an actual scientific study, at least an experiment using myself as the study subject. And this is a real time thread as I plan to march into the kitchen right now and cook some eggs and eat while reporting the experience as it unfolds.

It's is 10:06 am, and I just took my first bit of three scrambled eggs. I am now consuming them.
Since you haven’t dropped dead yet, I assume, I’m sure it’s fine! 😊
I honestly don’t think it really matters. It’s only in large egg production outfits that have to follow very strict protocols and rules. If it’s your own backyard flock I think it’s fine.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link to that study, @swamphiker .

As far as selling these eggs to my customers, @GingerRose , I will certainly disclose that traces of Ivermectin may be present in the eggs and leave it up to the customer if they wish to purchase them or not.
Here's the abstract of another study: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00480169.2018.1426504

I can't get access to the full article since it's a slightly obscure journal. Results were somewhat similar to the first study I linked with ivermectin detectable in eggs for a couple of weeks post-treatment.

I'm conceding that Ivermectin residual will be present in my eggs for the next few weeks. What I am wanting to determine is effect on the human that consumes eggs with Ivermectin residual. Is it harmful? This is my question.

It's now 12:12 pm here. I did some yard chores, Cleaned up some poop in the run, and I am feeling normal.

There are mentions in articles about humans taking Ivermectin with a doctor's prescription that they may experience dizziness, I assume from the sedative effect it is supposed to exert on the parasites it's treating. So far, I'm no more dizzy than usual.

Back
Top Bottom