I am so REALLY REALLY REALLY annoyed (rant/vent)

Loopeend

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
Geez people are dumb like a rock ain't they.

Gawd.

Covid did not make it better.

So years ago I started in my birthplace (netherlands) a website to inform people about Indian runner ducks. Since I hate it that they all like... are dumb and nót making those ducks life ANY better..so I made that website to hopefully inform dumb people so they take better care for their ducks.

It works. But I feel like a biology teacher/caretaker 99% because of their weird idiotic questions. Due to covid lockdown people are more into.. pets I guess.. more stupid questions like "omg my duck is dieing!!!!!!! help! 911!!!!" and it turns out the duck just..hit puberty. It is not a weirdo psycho that tries to kill other ducks.. they are mating..geez. Thats it. And question like I have 3 male ducks when are they going to start eggs.. omg..

Anyway; so today I hit a annoying jackpot. On facebook. (is facebook a dumb people place nowadays?)

This woman asked, let's call her Brenda "after 2 months recovering from a intestine-infection (darm? Is that an English word? gut? Those absurd long things in HUMAN bodies that can be an pain in the arse) I think he has it again... with a picture that she is feeding that duck with intestine-problems watermelon and the question "is there some drink I can feed it to help them get more "regular"???

So I say; well.. blablabla is a good diet (duck-food and a tad more worms/protein since Indian runners need that more then other ducks (not muscovy). and maybe don't feed fruit.. since it is not healthy.

Brenda: "yeah but if I don't feed them fruit, idk what else to give them"

Me: duckfeed; here is also a list on what ducks can eat. Here is also a ling where you can buy duckfood..

Brenda: but they dont have a good life if they cant enjoy fruit

Me: (in my head.. maaan... you are projecting human life SO much on ducks.. YOU can't poop Brenda). Well, especially for a duck with intestine problems it might be better to just not give them fruit for a while. Again; duckfeed and a hand of worms a day.

Brenda: okay so only tomato from now on

Me: (in my head.. wtf is wrong with you Brenda are you dense or what???). Tomato is a fruit.

But now it gets more annoying: Brenda did not post this in 1 group but 2.

The replies on that. Idk if "duck" is secret slang for boring lady/human problems or what.. but the advice on what to feed her duck which was recovering from intestine problems (that no vet ever said..) and what to feed them was:

- Yakult (probiotic dairy drink)
- Bulgarian yoghurt
- Turkish yoghurt
- Kurkuma
- Buttermilk
- Vinegar
- Cambucha
- Fish oil pills
- Probiotic article made by and for people in US that live in less rich soil and is not relevant; by a person that is an influencer...

Yes let's feed this duck with intestine problems just more stuff that is poisonous for ducks.. geez..

Brenda with her own belly-issues felt REALLY listened too. Took the advice. For herself. I hope. Because I'm going to call the animal police if she is forcefeeding them all that ánd tomatoes. And Brenda with your "facebook-event lost weight 2014" just ask yourself about your problems.. don't use your ducks..

I replied out of anger with "you should get those biostabil 2000 from tell-sell, hang it around their necks, I heard they worked".

But I was really shocked about terrible advice people give on FB just random.. and they all circle-jerk about it?

To me the really scary thing is that many of these people are raising children.
I wonder if they give duck feed to their kids since they give human food to their ducks? Smh...
My ducks and chickens get the occasional treat. But a balanced diet that supports their physical health is important. How somebody achieved that is up to them. I don't prep special meals for pets everyday, so a staple feed is my choice. Same goes for the dogs. I'll cook for the kids though. 😁

I love this! And I absolutely understand. Some people really are just that dumb, or as you said, "dense." That's my new favorite term for idiots btw.
egg them all in the cloaca.

Dense..pooyheads..

Question: I have 2 female diucks the are 1 year old and one of them attacks the other one.

Boring story that they can like hump each other when reaching puberty...

"no you are wrong these are god-loving hetersosexaul ducks".

Sometimes I want to repluy with; you are corect, Its duck covid / aids. Please for your own saferty just thow them in a shelter now

egg them all in the cloaca.

Dense..pooyheads..

Question: I have 2 female diucks the are 1 year old and one of them attacks the other one.

Boring story that they can like hump each other when reaching puberty...

"no you are wrong these are god-loving hetersosexaul ducks".

Sometimes I want to repluy with; you are corect, Its duck covid / aids. Please for your own saferty just thow them in a shelter now
Lolol. My all female "god loving heterosexual ducks" made stacks of three at my nephews birthday party. Oops.

I'm not going to guess at my ducks' orientation.... I don't know if they even have one. I don't know if they care. I understand the tendency to be anthropomorphic, but I think true empathy for the animals in our care is understanding that they are not humans. And if we are talking about birds, they aren't even mammals. They are very different from us, and their experience is likely not our experience.

Back
Top Bottom