I am so worried about my chickies

txchickie

Songster
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Texas
My chicks are supposed to ship Wednesday and they're expecting rain/snow all day Wed, Wed night, and Thurs
sad.png
sad.png

I hope they make it
hit.gif

Did you order from Ideal? How many did you order?

Don't worry...I bet they will be fine...there will be enough chickies in the box to keep each other warm. Even if you ordered a small amount, Ideal will fill the box with extra roos. I've always gotten my chicks early Thursday morning, so they weren't in the box for very long.

They'll be fine -- but YOU drive careful when you get that call
wink.png
No need to wrap yourself around a telephone pole getting there because you were worried and excited!

Good garden o' peas. Mine came at the end of February. Just be ready and pick them up at the P.O. Ask when the truck comes in and for them to call you. Get their number and call them if you need to. I picked mine up at 6:30am, well before the P.O. opened and mail was delivered. They just told me to go to the back door. Piece of cake. (oh darn now I'm hungry I think we have some cupcakes). Anyhow find out when the truck arrives and pick them up at the P.O.

Just to let you know, it could be anytime that call may come. I got mine at 3am. So in my PJ's I went. The workers were worried because they were peeping so much.
gig.gif
That is a good sound to me. I know it's hard waiting. Good Luck!
thumbsup.gif

Be SURE you call YOUR PO, not the feeder PO's. Just explain to them that you will receive their call at anytime and DO check your messages. Ideal is a very reliable and experienced company. You will get several roo chicks to keep the babies you ordered warm. I raise mine up to nice looking 8 to10 week olds and sell them off. You would be surprised at how many people come for them.

Txchickie, are you getting them from Ideal? How far are you from Cameron, TX (home of Ideal)? Do you think they will add packing peanuts (extra males) to your order or did you ask that they don't include the packing peanuts?

where u get them from and how many??? also, i dont think the postmen would let any thing bad happen to your chicks. they'r should be a heating pad of sorts under the chicks in the box to keep them warm
hope they do ok!!!

Back
Top Bottom