I believe I have a hermaphrodite chicken

Stupid autocorrect and background noises and a dumb dog who won't shut up," it doesn't matter what thick is at this point it doesn't matter. It can't happen should have been can happen. 😬
Dude if you've moved on from Vic and are now just interested in the phenomenon of a hen taking on male traits/appearances then ya most here are well aware of those cases.
This is BYC the place everyone comes for everything poultry. The forum should be littered with everything you seek on the subject.
If you're not familiar with the search features here then get familiar with them. All your curiosities are just a few clicks alway.

I really do apologize if any misunderstanding led to an offense or an insult that you might have felt was towards you! Please trust that that is never my intent, although I am aware that sometimes that is a result. Not really extremely proud of that but it is what it is. And I agree with you, the whole thing with Vic has been interesting but it really has led to a much more important topic and question, this is a possibility so what are the conditions under which it happens?? And that is pretty much my focus from here on out. And like I said in previous post it doesn't matter what Vic is at this point this topic has opened a bigger question?? It can't happen, so why and how does it????? And now this is my curiosity, and if I made you feel in any way insulted, offended or anything else negative please please please understand this - sometimes I offend people by accident and sometimes I do it on purpose. Whether it was accidental or on purpose, I'm sorry and need forgiveness either way. As do we all. Thank you for your interest and I look forward to any comments, advice or education that you can provide for me. I've never been afraid to say, I don't understand that can you please explain it again. But again, I know what I know and I know what I don't know. Hope to hear from you soon, all positive comments and feedbacks and opinions or more than welcome and extremely helpful to us all! Thank you for understanding how imperfect I am, I mean I already know but it's good to know that you do too! And I can't say it again or enough, I am grateful for every comment, opinion and experience that everyone has provided for this. I hope you would agree that no matter what Vic is or isn't, this has led us in a good path of conversation that will benefit us all! Then again it's just me, feel free to let me know what you think. That's what the internet's for!
I understand that sometimes I offend people by accident, completely by accident I never meant to! And I also understand that sometimes I offend people on purpose, NOT extremely proud of it, but it is what it is. Either way, please forgive me. I know that I have the right to remain silent but I never seem to have the ability?! It's like when the officer asked me if I knew why he pulled me over, my response was I'm sure it's Not the same reason you take me to jail. And it turns out I was right! I don't care who you are, that's some good information to have right there! Whether you believe me or not, I never want to offend openly hurt anybody for anything. But that doesn't mean I won't do it. Again, not really proud of it, but I do know my limitations and abilities. And if I ever said or texted or posted anything that in any way offended, upset or made anyone to feel uncomfortable, my bad 😕😔.

Dude if you've moved on from Vic and are now just interested in the phenomenon of a hen taking on male traits/appearances then ya most here are well aware of those cases.
This is BYC the place everyone comes for everything poultry. The forum should be littered with everything you seek on the subject.
If you're not familiar with the search features here then get familiar with them. All your curiosities are just a few clicks alway.
Well absolutely it's been learning experience. But truly the only thing that matters to me on any level is that I did not come off as being honest or truthful! And if I'm going to be faulted for anything, it's going to be truthful. And I haven't necessarily moved on from Vic, I just believe that he or this bird is becoming the focus of all this and I truly believe that the benefit to any of this discussion will be to analyze what we think we know about this!? There is nobody that you can show me anything that will convince me that this is an impossibility, which I KNOW it is!!!!! And whoever wants to focus on that bird and concentrate their energy on disproving beyond any Shadow of doubt for everyone what I originally posted was wrong and obvious to them!, Again please don't take me as being offensive, but keep it to yourself I am not interested! You can come at me all day with whatever example you might have of how I should know this or that! Get over yourself partner, if your intention is to passively aggressively show everybody your opinion then you have failed and only proven what we suspected. Intelligent conversation has no place with those who have already a formed their opinions. And I absolutely refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Have a nice night.

Less than a year, the other ones that were born at the same time have just now beginning to lay eggs, the hens that is.
Yeah the bird will be a year old in September, second week. And so whatever it's worth, the bird in question was hatched and incubator and cannot be more than two up to maybe 3 days older than any other chicken to flock and there was about 60. The bird was given to someone with several other birds that I thought were female from what I saw. She contacted me several months ago and said that one of the birds turned out to be a rooster and would like to return it or she would have to get rid of it so I took it back. About a month later she contacted me and told me she had another bird which she thought was a hen but has now presented itself as a rooster, trying to mate with the hands but not quite getting it right and crowing, plus all the outer characteristics you'd expect in a rooster. So I took it back so it wouldn't be killed. And about 2 to 3 weeks later, I found an egg in his cage and I am sure, regardless of anybody else, that that egg did not come from any hen that I had! And I don't expect anybody to believe this, and again not trying to offend but I really don't care - I know what I found and I know the conditions of around how that could happen. And anyone can cast all the questions and shadows they want on it, again not to be redundant but I don't care! I know what I know and I know what I don't know and if you don't get that well then that's you. So being born no more than 3 days from all the other birds that showed up as a rooster, she told me she thought this was a hen that turned out to be a rooster, and again whether you believe it or not, this person is a vet technician, lives on a farm and is a highly intelligent individual! And just so you know internet, I am not going to argue that point! And she told me that she thought it was a hen but turned out to be a rooster she thought, it was trying to mate with the females but her description says it wasn't very successful. And I know that doesn't prove or disprove anything, but I take it into consideration like all things. I hope this topic can take a professional and serious direction, and not fall into speculation and accusation - because that never ever fixes or helps anything! Again thank you for your comment and your opinion and please please understand that anything that may have come across as defensive or offensive, was never ever ever directed towards you as an individual! I guess it's just a frustrations as someone who is not used or custom to being called a liar, no matter how nice you put it, And you can scream I love you to a baby and it will cry, and then you can say in the sweetest voice that it is the stupidest little ugliest creature you ever saw and it will giggle and laugh. I can see past words to intention, so good luck trying to anyone trying to use verbiage and context to to "Tickle My Ears" or even "Burn them. But I do enjoy it challenge, so if anyone is feeling froggy 🐸- just jump! And again!!!!! This is in no way shape or form directed at you who responded or post this. I really hope you can understand that! And like I said I know everybody reads these posts that are interested in this topic, and that is awesome! But I would like this to lead us to somewhere where we can expand our understanding and knowledge of something and not get into a conversation of well my guy said this and your guy said that and this is what I believe and that is what you believe, that will accomplish nothing - that will be of any benefit to anyone! Thanks for everyone who can tolerate me and thanks for trying to everyone who can't.

Yeah the bird will be a year old in September, second week. And so whatever it's worth, the bird in question was hatched and incubator and cannot be more than two up to maybe 3 days older than any other chicken to flock and there was about 60. The bird was given to someone with several other birds that I thought were female from what I saw. She contacted me several months ago and said that one of the birds turned out to be a rooster and would like to return it or she would have to get rid of it so I took it back. About a month later she contacted me and told me she had another bird which she thought was a hen but has now presented itself as a rooster, trying to mate with the hands but not quite getting it right and crowing, plus all the outer characteristics you'd expect in a rooster. So I took it back so it wouldn't be killed. And about 2 to 3 weeks later, I found an egg in his cage and I am sure, regardless of anybody else, that that egg did not come from any hen that I had! And I don't expect anybody to believe this, and again not trying to offend but I really don't care - I know what I found and I know the conditions of around how that could happen. And anyone can cast all the questions and shadows they want on it, again not to be redundant but I don't care! I know what I know and I know what I don't know and if you don't get that well then that's you. So being born no more than 3 days from all the other birds that showed up as a rooster, she told me she thought this was a hen that turned out to be a rooster, and again whether you believe it or not, this person is a vet technician, lives on a farm and is a highly intelligent individual! And just so you know internet, I am not going to argue that point! And she told me that she thought it was a hen but turned out to be a rooster she thought, it was trying to mate with the females but her description says it wasn't very successful. And I know that doesn't prove or disprove anything, but I take it into consideration like all things. I hope this topic can take a professional and serious direction, and not fall into speculation and accusation - because that never ever fixes or helps anything! Again thank you for your comment and your opinion and please please understand that anything that may have come across as defensive or offensive, was never ever ever directed towards you as an individual! I guess it's just a frustrations as someone who is not used or custom to being called a liar, no matter how nice you put it, And you can scream I love you to a baby and it will cry, and then you can say in the sweetest voice that it is the stupidest little ugliest creature you ever saw and it will giggle and laugh. I can see past words to intention, so good luck trying to anyone trying to use verbiage and context to to "Tickle My Ears" or even "Burn them. But I do enjoy it challenge, so if anyone is feeling froggy 🐸- just jump! And again!!!!! This is in no way shape or form directed at you who responded or post this. I really hope you can understand that! And like I said I know everybody reads these posts that are interested in this topic, and that is awesome! But I would like this to lead us to somewhere where we can expand our understanding and knowledge of something and not get into a conversation of well my guy said this and your guy said that and this is what I believe and that is what you believe, that will accomplish nothing - that will be of any benefit to anyone! Thanks for everyone who can tolerate me and thanks for trying to everyone who can't.
And if I in any way misunderstood and went down a tangent that you were not expecting I do apologize. But this supposed transition of this bird happened at the same time all the hens began laying eggs. And I don't know what that means or doesn't but it is something that I noticed. And if I seem defensive I do apologize, like I mentioned earlier there's been a lot of passive aggressive comments made recently that probably put me a little on the defensive. And sorry if I came across in a way that deflected attention and interest of the overall important topic and subject which is" how does this happen and what are the conditions under which it can or could happen! Please feel free to share with me anything that I have not expressed awareness of, it happens.

On a side note, I agree you should get familiar with what you do! And probably much like you, when I first started distilling I educated myself with everything that I could possibly imagine would make me better at what I do and it worked! So today, I would put what I make up against whatever anybody else makes. Not because I think I could win or beat them but because I believe what I make is just as good if not better than anything anybody else would come up with. You can call me cocky or whatever, to me it's a truth and somebody would have to absolutely prove to me that it wasn't before I would change my position. And that might be a little side note there sir, but if your handle is any indication of your skill - I would surely be interested in what you make. I'm always genuinely interested in learning from someone who can show me that they are good at this craft. But back on the subject of chickens, I'm good and I enjoy them. It is enough for me and I hope it's enough for you. Take care and I appreciate all your input. Always feel free to reach out with honesty, cuz that's what you're going to get in return. Happy brewing and distilling!

Not only are we not on the same page brother, but I don't even think we're in the same book! But I do hope all is good with you and yours and please feel free to contribute anytime!

I raise Heritage turkeys in addition to chickens. Several years ago we raised a turkey that looked male and was bigger than the other males, but in every other way 'he' acted like a female, including hanging out and foraging with the turkey hens. (Turkeys segregate by gender when it's not breeding season). These birds were being raised for Thanksgiving, and when 'he' was processed, we found three testicles! No ovaries or oviduct.
Any updates on your egg laying rooster?

Back
Top Bottom