I believe I have a hermaphrodite chicken

Pics
This is the face of Insanity! How could anyone, no matter how much blood, not love this face ❤️😈. And we all know that sometimes love can be painful, ya and sometimes also require an insurance claim. Like with all creatures, dogs or people, you either take them or leave them. All things pretty much come as is, and you can either accept it or not. And even if the whole world disagrees with me, it wouldn't make a difference on my decision. Like always and in everything, it is what it is.

Your dog reminds me so much of my own Bella! She, too, was a rescue and was probably days away from dying from starvation when she found us. As it turns out, she, along with her littermates, were 'dumped' on our dirt road when they were about 3 months old. Her littermates were rescued, but Bella was fearful and ran into the woods. There she survived for a month or so, but was not going to make it much longer. When she finally quit running and was too exhausted to go on, she gave up and collasped at our feet. So we nursed her back to health. Our plans were to get her healthy and then find her a good 'forever' home. That was 11 years ago, and her forever home, obviously, was with us. She turned out to be an excellent deer tracker (this photo is with her little tracking vest on). But she, too, has issues. She does not trust people she does not know. She's never bitten anyone, but if strangers attempt to pet her, she'll be so vicious that she'll make you think you've been bitten!

I've been lurking on this post from the beginning and have found this topic very fascinating. I learned so much. Mostly, I learned that we don't even know what we don't know! Thanks for posting!

Attachments

• mms_picture_04.jpg
    mms_picture_04.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 6
Wow, it does seem like you specialize in the exotic & unusual!
I do have a solution to this cockerel that is being discussed & accused of gender dysphoria & producing an egg. I’m not from Missouri, but I have the “Show Me State” attitude.
Simply put this magic cockerel in a more secure cage with a lock & a good security camera or game came & produce video footage of an egg being laid & I will believe you. Until then, you might as well try convincing me that your dog laid that egg!

Wow, it does seem like you specialize in the exotic & unusual!
I do have a solution to this cockerel that is being discussed & accused of gender dysphoria & producing an egg. I’m not from Missouri, but I have the “Show Me State” attitude.
Simply put this magic cockerel in a more secure cage with a lock & a good security camera or game came & produce video footage of an egg being laid & I will believe you. Until then, you might as well try convincing me that your dog laid that egg!
Well that's probably not only you but most people out there, and I get that. But please don't take this the wrong way, but this was never for me proving to anybody else that what I thought was going on was going on. I was looking for some answers and some opinions, not trying to pull one over on somebody but whatever, we're all entitled to think what we want. And the bird is in a secured cage and I do have a camera on him. And if something happens then I'll try to get that on here for y'all see. But I do agree with you that that would be pretty much the only way to erase doubt out of the majority of people, but we both know that even then they would still be some people that would believe it was a very elaborate hoax. And all I can say is to each their own, no harm no foul and God bless America! And if that dog lays an egg I'll definitely share that with the world!

What plant was that?

One of the first things I learned about plant reproduction is that some plants do things very differently than others.

Some have both male & female parts in each flower, and expect to pollinate themselves (peas & tomatoes). Some have male & female parts in each flower, but often have bees or something to do the pollinating (onions, carrots, I think broccoli.)

Some plants have both male and female parts, but they are in different flowers (squash) or different parts of the plant (corn.)

Some plants have separate male and female plants (spinach, asparagus.) For at least some of those kinds of plants, each gender will sometimes make some of both parts anyway (like male asparagus making a few berries.)

I've read that mulberry trees can be all male, or all female, or make flowers of both kinds, and they supposedly can change from one year to another or even within a single year. I have mulberry trees in my own yard, but as far as I can tell they all make berries, so I must not have any all-male ones :idunno
Well I can tell you the plant was none of those, and it is in the grass family but that's about all I can say here. But I'm sure if you ask somebody you trust they might be able to help. I do wish I could be more descriptive, but not here. Not here

Your dog reminds me so much of my own Bella! She, too, was a rescue and was probably days away from dying from starvation when she found us. As it turns out, she, along with her littermates, were 'dumped' on our dirt road when they were about 3 months old. Her littermates were rescued, but Bella was fearful and ran into the woods. There she survived for a month or so, but was not going to make it much longer. When she finally quit running and was too exhausted to go on, she gave up and collasped at our feet. So we nursed her back to health. Our plans were to get her healthy and then find her a good 'forever' home. That was 11 years ago, and her forever home, obviously, was with us. She turned out to be an excellent deer tracker (this photo is with her little tracking vest on). But she, too, has issues. She does not trust people she does not know. She's never bitten anyone, but if strangers attempt to pet her, she'll be so vicious that she'll make you think you've been bitten!

I've been lurking on this post from the beginning and have found this topic very fascinating. I learned so much. Mostly, I learned that we don't even know what we don't know! Thanks for posting!
And thank you! Seems like they just kind of come to us, maybe ment to be. Yeah none of my friends and none of my family will come in if he's loose and the mail person, and it seems we have two or three, none of them will come to my door if the wooden door is open and the screen door shut. They see that door open at all they just pass on by, which is probably for the best. So we make allowances, and you know that in those situations when we had these kinds of animals it's up to us to adapt to their behavior because it's obvious they're never going to truly adapt to ours because of their issues. Dogs and people they come as is. And thanks again for your post and comment, cuz since I asked this question I have learned so much not only about this condition that can happen but also a lot of other things from a lot of people and it's been really enriching!

Well I can tell you the plant was none of those, and it is in the grass family but that's about all I can say here. But I'm sure if you ask somebody you trust they might be able to help. I do wish I could be more descriptive, but not here. Not here
OK, that tells me it's not a plant I have personal experience with, which is what I was most curious about :)

Sorry if I missed it, but has the chicken had it's vet appointment yet?
Also, he is likely a cross between a Rhode Island Red rooster and a Dominique hen, and that is a sexlinked cross with only males being barred. How the egg got upside his cage is still an unsolved mystery.

Back
Top Bottom