I Built A Bridge!

Beautiful bridge and beautiful little girls too
Thank You
smile.png

Sadly it is raining again today so no gardening and playing with my girls today .. it's a great day to catch up on all the BYC forums I have missed while at work though.

So, I was looking through all my past posts and threads to see which was appropriate to reactivate as somewhere that I could keep in touch with a few friends with the going's on at Bambrook Bantams and I thought "I Built A Bridge" was a good choice
wink.png

This thread has been reactivated as a homely place to hang out and share good and bad times; provide support and advice and generally enjoy the company of fellow chickeneers.

When sharing what you do and how you do it, just because someone else does it different does not mean that they are wrong. If I could please ask everyone to remember that when posting; different strokes for different folks
wink.png

Also, how appropriate that on my last post on 06/28/13 it was raining and I could not go outside to 'play' with my girls! Not only is it raining today, I also have to go into work to carry out some upgrades ... eeeew, working on a Saturday, but at least it is a rainy Saturday :)

This thread was also a blast from the past .. two girls! Since then I have had two hatches and now have five girls .. chicken math! Sadly, I lost Whitney to an infection but Cilla is now matriarch of this little flock and doing a wonderful job!

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go
caf.gif
.. happy chickens folks
D.gif

Hi there Teila! enjoy your labors or at least the after math of them! I am super happy to report that we have covered our large pen and it is now peacock proof when the gate is closed. This will mean less feed loss to the peas which will mean happy smiles from me and Tom.

I am glad you reactivated this thread it was needed.

I have no news...I have remodeling to do in the Bachelor Pad and some hen shuffling that needs to take place but no new broodies, no new chicks since the 22nd of July and guess what it looks like I only have 1 pullet in that clutch of 6.....at least in the western half of the Northern hemisphere this has been the year of the cockerel and it looks like I am the cockerel queen!

Take Care!
TG

Hi Teila and Tommysgirl,

Just checking in to say that my broody mama Dottie, (barred rock) is due to hatch tomorrow and one of the eggs has pipped
wee.gif
wee.gif

It looks like it may be a polish egg. Whoo-hoo cant wait to see what happens. You guys know my luck with hatches isn't the greatest. She has 4 eggs, we candled them a few days ago and 2 were good, 1 clear and 1 couldn't tell. So wish me luck friends and I will keep you posted.
I am excited about this thread and look forward to sharing with everyone.
Happy days all
celebrate.gif

Marie

Hey gals, thanks for crossing the bridge, you have no idea how much that means to me
hugs.gif

Haven't gone yet .. still waiting for my ride into the office!

Oh No TG! 1 pullet! That is sad :( On a lighter note "All hail the Cockerel Queen"
bow.gif

No news is always good news; happy to hear that things are cruising along nicely for you :)

16 paws I so have everything crossed for you for a wonderful successful hatch this time .. who knows, the new thread might be your lucky charm :) I am looking forward to those bubby pictures when I get back. Gotta go, my ride is here ................

Wow, that was a long day! I got home in time to say goodnight to my gals .. it has been raining solidly all day. Hubby managed to give them a 3/4 of an hour free range but the weather really has not been nice.

I now have a buff bantam cochin with black feet, a black silkie and Lulu is no longer a frizzle and is now known as a droople! lol Wish I could get some photos .. soggy chickens! Everybody is all tucked up in bed, nice and warm now :)

Edited to add: oh yeah, no bubby pictures 16 paws? I so hope things are going well .. will find out tomorrow hopefully
pop.gif

Last edited:
Wow, that was a long day! I got home in time to say goodnight to my gals .. it has been raining solidly all day. Hubby managed to give them a 3/4 of an hour free range but the weather really has not been nice.

I now have a buff bantam cochin with black feet, a black silkie and Lulu is no longer a frizzle and is now known as a droople! lol Wish I could get some photos .. soggy chickens! Everybody is all tucked up in bed, nice and warm now :)

Edited to add: oh yeah, no bubby pictures 16 paws? I so hope things are going well .. will find out tomorrow hopefully
pop.gif
Is the bridge floating away yet? LOL
Nothing as of this morning. Im on my way down there right now to see what the heck is going on. External pip yesterday but as of yesterday evening no progress.
fl.gif

Marie

Is the bridge floating away yet? LOL
Nothing as of this morning. Im on my way down there right now to see what the heck is going on. External pip yesterday but as of yesterday evening no progress.
fl.gif

Marie
Just checked and we have one baby out!!!!!!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

Another one on the way. Looks like only two are going to hatch. Thats ok because I have way too many chickens already LOL
hide.gif

Last edited:
I'm here I'm here!! Hello friends!

TG! It's been a while! How is Ike doing?

Hopefully I can keep up with things again. Love the bridge Teila (though I know you have had it a while).

What's up with me? Well I am 9 naughty hormonal leghorn roosters lighter!! A young boy who is into chickens bought 8 of them from me this morning. I think he probably swapped some of them at the chicken swap today. I'm not upset, doing something I would not do. Hopefully they got a flock of their own. I sold one yesterday to a man who recently lost his old red rooster. He just wanted an alarm clock. He chose "bent toes" who has had a couple bent toes since I got him. Last I heard he was looking for a couple girls for him.

Things are happier here now, those boys really needed to go. They were not taking up coop space as they roosted in the pine tree each night-- their idea, not mine. Hopefully the single BO pullet that somehow decided sleeping with the boys was a good idea will return to the coop tonight.

The young ones and MJ are doing well. 7 weeks old now and definitely 2 of the 8 are cockerels. I am suspicious of at least one if not two more. The little girls are cute though!! I think I will keep them. My husband has been mentioning the "big coop" here and there lately. Construction soon? That would be cool. He just put a railing around our front porch. We have to replace the deck railing next and he did mumble something about building a garage and a pole barn as well
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom