I Can’t Get No Satisfaction July Adopt-an-Egg Hatch-a-Long 🇬🇧

Us hatching addicts cannot look at an egg without wanting it to become a chick. Especially with a rarer breed. :gig
I totally agree with that. I had enough ducks and did not need anymore, then I see these babies on here and let my broody duck hatch some out for me. Luckily there was only 4 and they look like drakes. In time I will rehome them if they are. Babies are just so darn cute that it is soooooo hard to resist them!!!! lol

So, I checked with the girl I sold hatching eggs to to see how her incubation is going, and she said she’s got 10 out of 12 that hatched, so it’s not my rooster 😃

I’ll have to get some different hygrometers and get these incubators really calibrated properly. It does give me hope 🙏
that is great news. Now to figure out what happened with yours. I am in the same boat this hatch! I set 33 eggs and have 4 developing (different breeders, some shipped, some really close pick up, some a bit further pick up, etc). :(

that is great news. Now to figure out what happened with yours. I am in the same boat this hatch! I set 33 eggs and have 4 developing (different breeders, some shipped, some really close pick up, some a bit further pick up, etc). :(
Aw, I’m sorry to hear that! My lone survivor is due to hatch tomorrow, I sure hope it makes it. I told my husband I’m going to make a baby diaper and it’s going to sleep in bed with us 🤣

I guess I’m not going to worry too much about the cemanis. I have a beautiful rooster, he’s got seven young girlfriends, and when they want to add some more, they’ll go broody again 🖤 We want to travel more, so I need to keep a smaller chicken community 🐓🐣🖤❤️

Aw, I’m sorry to hear that! My lone survivor is due to hatch tomorrow, I sure hope it makes it. I told my husband I’m going to make a baby diaper and it’s going to sleep in bed with us 🤣

I guess I’m not going to worry too much about the cemanis. I have a beautiful rooster, he’s got seven young girlfriends, and when they want to add some more, they’ll go broody again 🖤 We want to travel more, so I need to keep a smaller chicken community 🐓🐣🖤❤️
Lol. GL with your single bed chick. Haahaa.

I don’t know, I’m trying to get some help in another thread, but am not getting any responses. I guess the only common denominator is my rooster, since the eggs are from all of the hens. He is only about 1 1/2 - 2 yrs old, and eggs hatch under broodys, although that is touch and go, too. It’s very perplexing 🤷‍♀️
Haven't read through this whole post yet, buy looks like I only had 2 out of my dozen +2 I ordered off ebay have a chick. I am on day 18 right now. I know that isn't much help, and I dunno if those will even hatch as of now.

I hope it hatches!

Haven't read through this whole post yet, buy looks like I only had 2 out of my dozen +2 I ordered off ebay have a chick. I am on day 18 right now. I know that isn't much help, and I dunno if those will even hatch as of now.
I hope your hatch works out better than mine. My last guy didn’t hatch. I think it quit around day 18. ☹️

I hope your hatch works out better than mine. My last guy didn’t hatch. I think it quit around day 18. ☹️
OH NO! That stinks!!!!!!

So I had the CCL eggs that I got from someone sort of local (met to pick them up) so I set 8 of them and left 4 out to give to a co-worker. Well I had 6/8 start then 2 quit next time I checked other 4 had quit.... Still hadn't been able to meet up with my co-worker (either I forgot the eggs, he wasn't in work, I was off, he was going to come get them and got busy etc) so I had them sitting around for 11 days so finally threw them in my incubator. well on day 4 I have 3/4 developing... keep waiting for them to quit but how odd would it be if those don't after hanging out (and driving to my work and sitting there for a day then driving home again) for 11 days yet mine did after being set after 3 days....... LOL

Back
Top Bottom