I can't believe I haven't posted yet!

blue lotus

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 27, 2011
hmm.png

Oops! I have been reading the forums for so long, I was SURE I had been posting here! I guess my brain had been responding to posts, but the message never got to my fingers.

Anyways, Howdy all!!

We have had chickens for about 4-5 years now, after deciding to be more self-sufficient. We are currently undertaking the longest move ever while we declutter, pack up our house, hopefully SELL said house and find several acres in SW Colorado. (Anybody want to buy a house in NM? We had our girls there and the yard is SUPER fertile!)

We currently have an assortment of older and younger birds. Our older girls are mainly Americaunas, a couple of Australorps (I think) and...I'm not sure. We started out with Americaunas and Dominiques, but we also took on some girls when their owners were just done having chickens. Hence the random assortment!

This spring we picked up more Americaunas (I love the variety of colors and the colored eggs!), and some Barred Rocks. I think I like my Dominiques better for how they look, but oh well.

We also have some Runner Ducks and Heritage Turkeys (Royal Palm and Slate) that I really love watching.

I think that is about it for the moment!
smile.png

Glad you finally joined the forum(s), and
frow.gif
welcome from California! I,too, love a varied and mixed flock, so much prettier in the yard.

I just moved my flock from one location to another; only 52 miles, but from the Valley level of 25 feet elevation to the Western foothills of the Sierras at nearly 2200 feet elevation. I didn't do it all in one trip..... What a cluck-fest! I wish you the best in your relocation.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!!
big_smile.png

I certainly intend to post a lot more! I was actually thinking of posting a drawing for the coloring book too...

As soon as I print out the last coloring book pages for my kids!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom