I Caponized! ***Graphic Pics*** Not For Faint of Heart.

bow.gif
great job!!! I might have to try this this Spring!!! Im going to be watching this thread all the time!!

would you say you could suture the openings if we wanted too?
what age will you process them?
did I read correctly they eat like CX do now that they are altered?

thank you!!!

You could only cut once, but you would have a higher chance of cutting the vein, you would also need to remove the lower one first so the blood from the one on top wouldn't get in the way.

I don't think you suppose to caponize roos over a certain age, don't remember why or what age, have to look that up again....
caf.gif

a dab of super glue would close the incision site easier than suturing. As the skin heals the glue will just fall off. Very easy and highly effective. Biggest thing is not gluing your fingers to the bird
wink.png

The straw tool is interesting. Is there a twist to it, like a figure eight with the staple in one loop or it's just one big continuous loop with the one staple?

Just a loop, no figure 8. It works by putting the loop over the testicle and pulling back on the line, closing the loop into the straw. It grabs the testicle and pulls it off.

The point of doing this is to remove the testicles before testosterone has any say in how the bird matures, so doing it to an adult will only make him sterile, not juicy.

Instead of buying a kit for 40 bucks, I built my own buying the pieces from E-bay and creating the remover with the straw and fishing line. I have $16(including shipping) into the kit and even have extra pieces that weren't needed.

Anyone that would like the info on the tools that I bought is welcome to PM me to find out what I got and where I got them from.

Back
Top Bottom