I could cry from frustration. People have NO respect! *It happened again! But worse this time. Page

You are not going to believe this.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN.

I came in this morning, go into the kitchen, and immediately notice a bunch of pinkish red puddles on the floor. Maybe ten of them. I clean them up, but am at a loss as to what they could possibly be. Then I opened up the fridge....

Turkeys. Four previously frozen turkeys. And about a half inch of turkey blood goo in the drawers underneath them.

I just cleaned up turkey blood goo. With my hands. Blood goo that has been sitting there since some time last night. Festering. I could puke.

What the
rant.gif

Who does this!? Who just lets that drip all over the floor and then LEAVES IT THERE!??? And now guess who gets to put on her pretty yellow gloves and scub it up. "The Receptionist".
hit.gif

While I empathize, I must say you gotta grow some spine.....

If you act like a doormat people WILL wipe their feet on ya.......
old.gif

......just sayin'

Me being a hot head would stay after work, throw everything out of the fridge,take all the shelving out and then unplug it. Then when asked I would just play stupid(not a stretch for me or am I a really good actor?)

Make sure you take extra time and clean up that turkey mess extra well..... You would not want any one getting sick from the contamination of course. Maybe it should be an all morning job with some caution tape.

Oh and because you are worried about every ones health, remind them that you can't answer the phones or the front desk work. And will need a longer, paid, lunch so you can go home and disinfect yourself as well and change your outfit.

Have you considered taking pictures and posting them on the office bulletin board?

Have you considered taking pictures and posting them on the office bulletin board?

That might actually be a good idea.... I think I will take a couple snapshots next time the kitchen gets trashed.

Make sure you take extra time and clean up that turkey mess extra well..... You would not want any one getting sick from the contamination of course. Maybe it should be an all morning job with some caution tape.

Oh and because you are worried about every ones health, remind them that you can't answer the phones or the front desk work. And will need a longer, paid, lunch so you can go home and disinfect yourself as well and change your outfit.

LMAO! Perfect.

I would take my sweet time cleaning up any kitchen messes. Clean the kitchen for SO LONG that people start saying to each other, "Hey, have you seen the receptionist?" Let the phone calls go unanswered. When your boss finally comes in and asks where the heck you've been, tell him no one will clean the kitchen but you and that it's been getting worse and worse and taking more of your time. Say, "Gee, boss, I wish I could answer the phone calls, but surely disinfecting all this gooey blood and scrubbing the mold off the dishes is more important? It's a health hazard."

Don't clean this stuff up.

Ever

If it is not your express job, leave it for the pigs who created the mess.

Only clean it if your supervisor asks, but not if anyone else asks.

Don't come in first, don't clean the kitchen first thing in the morning, let everyone see what you have to deal with.

You should not be expected to clean up after deliberately left messes. Ordinary wear and tear might be part of your clean-up responsibilities. But totally trashing a place and then leaving it for someone else to clean up shows a profound lack of respect, and a lack of responsibility.

Part of the reason that the animals do this, is that they know someone else will take care of it. They will never take responsibility for their actions unless they are forced.

Bloody messes shouldn't be your job.

I think your work kitchen needs a sign that says "This is a self-cleaning kitchen. This means you clean up after yourself".

OR you can bring it up to your supervisor that EVERYONE would do a week of clean ups in the kitchen. That way everyone would take turns doing the chores and they can not complain if it gets that dirty if they did it themselves in the first place.

That is what happened at my old place at my job I had. The boss' daughter had enough of the girls being slobs and decided to take action....well, everyone in the office had to take turns doing a WEEK of kitchen duties, day in, day out, 36 weeks in a year and you better not complain about it either! It didn't take long for some of the slobs to clean up their acts, putting garbage in proper areas and putting stuff in dishwasher, etc. Its a fun break from the desk as well! In fifteen minutes, spot cleaning, wiping down, its all done and very clean! Its a win, win for everyone in the office, including the boss' daughter, who didn't have to deal with slobs anymore.

Back
Top Bottom