I cracked the shell a bit too early and my duckling is weak and wont eat or drink

Jadevocado

In the Brooder
May 19, 2020
Hello all.
This is my first time ever hatching and I was really excited when I saw my duck first piping hole. I cracked the shell a little and left the membrane there but it stayed the same after 2 days and was turning yellow so I tried to moisturize it and saw my duckling was trying to prick through but couldn't. So I pricked a little hole and left it there but then I looked inside and saw her struggling hard to crack the shell to get out and all so I just couldn't help myself and started to crack the shell. And she wasnt ready at all. I should have waited longer. It was stupid. There were still blood vessels left but fortunately she didnt bleed much and the membrane was so sticky but still moist.
So after awhile my duckling finally out, she seemed really weak. Wouldn't open her eyes and legs were shaking and was having trouble breathing too. Shes been sleeping a lot too.
I tried to feed her some oats with water earlier but she just wont eat and spills everything out. Can someone please tell me what to do? I dont want to lose her. Screenshot_20200520-105348_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• 20200520_103718.jpg
    20200520_103718.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom