Songster
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Bond County, Illinois
OK, NOW WHAT DO I DO?
idunno.gif
Just kidding,
tongue2.gif
I found an ad at the laundromat my husband helps clean and maintain, for a used 9200 Still air Incubator. Little Giant Brand. It has the 7200 ciculated air fan kit, 6200 automatic egg turner and 10200 circulated air incubator. That is what is says on the front page of the instruction manual. Lady used it once, then got out of the chicken business. She paid $60 for it, I got it for $30 and its in perfect condition. I am a little scared of it, think I will wait until Spring to set eggs. I need to get the feel of baby chicks in my chicken house first. . .and don't know if I will be able to get them done this year or not. . .I am not a cold weather lover, and spending time watching them in the frigid temps is not my idea of how I wanted it to start. I may have to wait until Spring for all of it. . .but I am so excited!!! She had big finch cages for $5 and I bought one of them too!!! She has three 10 hole metal laying coops too, for $25, so might go back for one. I plan on no more than 30 to start (I have a big family, and will sell the extras also) but I know I will have to get two of these, and two of those once I get started. . .should call my chicken house "the Ark".
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I know. I think that is what is scaring me. We are going to the fair this week; and the chicken house is always the first place I go, and our 8 year old is as bad as I am about it. I showed a house in the country yesterday, and there was a little white dog inside that was just darling . . .big ole' brown eyes and pure white silky fur . . .DS wanted to go find a little girl for our black boy and have babies, so he could have one just like that one. DH has his hands full with us wanting pets, and chickens will be no different. But, he has been checking the incubator out, so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom