I did it! I made my first chicken saddle!

Thank you all! I am making another one. This time a small one for my bantams. I am doing much better with it. I think I found my specialty. xD
The first time I saw a chicken diaper, I really thought it was a joke but then the more I saw, the more I realized that it was actually functional! The coop is just about done and the thought of putting my girls out there saddens me. I am trying to convince my husband that if I make the chicken diaper, can the girls stay inside. He isn't speaking to me right now . . .lol

Great job! it looks perfect. Wish I could sew.

Can you make one with a built in air conditioner for the heat for my girls?????

Seriously though, i bet we could come up with one with built in heat coils for winter! small watch batteries and tiny heat conducters.....hm....
and one with the built in cooling tubes for summer.... HMMMM........ my brain is starting to turn.,.. hmmmmmmm...

I'm sure they can. I'm horrible at hand sewing. I'd sew close together and I double the fabric.

I can not use the saddles in the hot weather. Its too hot for the extra clothing.

That's awesome!

I noticed that after a while the straps stretch out. I'm not sure if I'm using cheap elastic or not. Maybe I need to buy a higher quality elastic. I'm not using saddles right now since its so blasted hot. I'm sure I'll need them once winter comes around and they are coop up more.

That's awesome!
I noticed that after a while the straps stretch out. I'm not sure if I'm using cheap elastic or not. Maybe I need to buy a higher quality elastic. I'm not using saddles right now since its so blasted hot. I'm sure I'll need them once winter comes around and they are coop up more.

Well the strap was my fault, I made it a bit longer. It is hot here as well, but we have a nice breeze coming from the woods behind us. And they get plenty of shade and cool water.

Back
Top Bottom