I don’t know what’s wrong

Ea1221

In the Brooder
Aug 7, 2023
OK so I have nine chickens in total one of them is a rooster and eight hens they are 18 weeks old and the hens are not laying eggs yet and one of my smallest hens has been staying away from the flock lately. She’s been going into this little like brush between me and my neighbors yard and I’m wondering what’s wrong because I every time I bring her back to the flock she seems fine but like later in the day she’ll wander back over there like I was cleaning up my pool and she wandered over there and she just kind of sat down in the brush but I checked, and there doesn’t seem to be anything that she’s really sitting down for because I was assuming she was starting to lay because none of the other hens have started yet, but there was no egg and I’m not really sure what’s going on because every time I bring her back to the flock she seems fine it’s like she’ll just go along with them but then I’ll start working on something in a few hours later she’ll be back in that little brush and yesterday I lost her for an hour in that brush, so could someone please tell me what’s going on?

OK so I have nine chickens in total one of them is a rooster and eight hens they are 18 weeks old and the hens are not laying eggs yet and one of my smallest hens has been staying away from the flock lately. She’s been going into this little like brush between me and my neighbors yard and I’m wondering what’s wrong because I every time I bring her back to the flock she seems fine but like later in the day she’ll wander back over there like I was cleaning up my pool and she wandered over there and she just kind of sat down in the brush but I checked, and there doesn’t seem to be anything that she’s really sitting down for because I was assuming she was starting to lay because none of the other hens have started yet, but there was no egg and I’m not really sure what’s going on because every time I bring her back to the flock she seems fine it’s like she’ll just go along with them but then I’ll start working on something in a few hours later she’ll be back in that little brush and yesterday I lost her for an hour in that brush, so could someone please tell me what’s going on?
Welcome to BYC.
There are numerous things that might cause hiding/loner behavior.
She may be getting picked on. This is usually caused by inadequate space in the coop, boredom, or poor nutrition.
She may be ill or injured.
Check her over well for injuries, lice and mites. Look at her feathers and comb, are they healthy?
She may be looking for a nest.

Back
Top Bottom