I don’t know what is right.

Reuboid

Chirping
Nov 10, 2021
Recently, I had my favourite little call duck get its neck broken by a python during the night. I came in before the python could eat her but I was still too late. I had completely snake-proofed that coop but the little bastard found it’s way in. Im left with 2 other mixed appleyard ducks, we moved them to a safer coop alongside a chicken, and the python came back tonight around 20 minutes ago. Now I’m half sure it couldn’t get in but I don’t want to take that risk. I live next to a lot of bushland which provides a supply of endless rats and pythons. Now that is just at night. During the day I was surprised with a 6 foot goanna strolling into the yard climbing over the back fence. The ducks are also suffering a niacin deficiency so they could not escape a goanna if it came for them. It is 30 degrees and I can’t just leave my ducks inside all day.
So, do I sell them? Put them up for adoption. I feel like they are not safe anymore and I couldn’t live with myself if they died. I love them, but I want the best for them.

These ducks were my dream, I got them as babies back in September 2021. I really thought they would last longer.

I would treat the niacin with 1ml vitamin B complex either by syringe or over a small treat so they gef full dose
This could take weeks to fix and after they are back to normal I would go one more week. I would also add nutritional yeast 1tbs to 1 cup feed for that time
Then if you keep them I would I would add nutritional yeast to feed weekly just not as much
If you sell them I would let the new owners know to do this
As for the pen can you post pictures and maybe other members who have had snake issues have found ways to fix them from getting in
I sure hope we can help you keep your babies

Attachments

• EBDB97F3-7BAD-4D02-9BE3-EC3393684BBD.jpeg
    EBDB97F3-7BAD-4D02-9BE3-EC3393684BBD.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom