I don’t know what to do at this point!

Ozbej Rakovec

Hatching
Aug 24, 2018
I’m on my 15th day of quail incubating! Just went in to lockdown! My humidity is almost perfect. I have 12 store bought quail eggs! At day 5 I candled all 12 but I saw only one fertile! I have no problem with that hatch rate, but I am worried, I candled it every other day and it has been developing quite well! My phone light is very faint so I didn’t get to see much. But now on day 15 the only thing I saw was some thick vains and a pretty big air pocket! The only thing that is scaring me is that I candeled the egg and never saw anything moving! Hopefully something will hatch! I am very exited! Have any of you have any luck rasing quail out of a homemade incubator! And dod any of you have the same candiling problems?

The only way I can successfully candle quail eggs is with an LED candler I bought. I wish I'd found it years ago.
I wouldn't worry since that won't help your potential hatchlings or your blood pressure. I will add, in my experience the biggest problems with success in hatching quail are humidity related. I personally don't open the incubator from day fourteen on because the fluctuations close to hatch has always seemed to effect not only final hatch numbers but also seemed to cause a larger number of pipped but died in the shell.
I have my fingers crossed for your success.

The only way I can successfully candle quail eggs is with an LED candler I bought. I wish I'd found it years ago.
I wouldn't worry since that won't help your potential hatchlings or your blood pressure. I will add, in my experience the biggest problems with success in hatching quail are humidity related. I personally don't open the incubator from day fourteen on because the fluctuations close to hatch has always seemed to effect not only final hatch numbers but also seemed to cause a larger number of pipped but died in the shell.
I have my fingers crossed for your success.

My humility was 65% it has now droped to around 55%! Is that ok for lockdown?

Back
Top Bottom