I dropped my chicken?

Kippiekippen

Chirping
Dec 9, 2018
yesterday my 3 year old hen fell out of my arms when I was standing up, she probably fell around 3-4 feet. She didn’t fly down she fell sideways with her wing out. Afterwards she was making weird sneezing/breathing noises. Will she be ok? How can I tell if I damaged anything? She’s singing, eating and drinking as normal

She may have injured an air sac. There's nothing you can do about it. As long as she's eating, drinking and acting like a chicken should...observe her for a couple of days, then dont worry about it.
She won’t die will she? I feel like I’m overreacting but the noises she made scared me :0

If I got dropped, I'd be hollering in pain and making noises too, that's for sure. But I'd still be eating and drinking until I'm healed. I wont die and neither will your hen as long as she's acting like a chicken should.
If you see her stop eating and drinking, look for blood in feces. It will be dark red or black, a result of internal bleeding. Then you will have to cull her.

If I got dropped, I'd be hollering in pain and making noises too, that's for sure. But I'd still be eating and drinking until I'm healed. I wont die and neither will your hen as long as she's acting like a chicken should.
If you see her stop eating and drinking, look for blood in feces. It will be dark red or black, a result of internal bleeding. Then you will have to cull her.
I hope I won’t have to cull her! I will keep an eye to see if there is any blood

yesterday my 3 year old hen fell out of my arms when I was standing up, she probably fell around 3-4 feet. She didn’t fly down she fell sideways with her wing out. Afterwards she was making weird sneezing/breathing noises. Will she be ok? How can I tell if I damaged anything? She’s singing, eating and drinking as normal
Hi did she recover? Have just done the same with my hen and I’m really worried. She’s still eating drinking just doesn’t look as happy as she normally does. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom