I feel like this is NOT what was labeled at the farm store.

HenSolo84

Chirping
Oct 11, 2019
So back in May we bought 6 chicks from our local farm store. Each of us picked out different breeds. My daughters both picked from the Gold Sex Link tub and I thought, "oh great, we're getting two of the same and they're going to fight over which belongs to whom," but neither could be swayed from their choice. Oh well, so be it. Fast forward a few weeks and they are starting to look different, one is growing faster and getting darker in color. Okay, one must be a rooster, but it shouldn't be because that breed can be sexed by color and there should have been only girls in the tub. Also, the colors are opposite from what I've read they should be. The girls are darker. But this darker one has started crowing incessantly the last couple weeks. Can anyone tell me what breed he might be? He's also about half the size of all the other chicks we bought that are closer to full grown now. And then the other chick that came from that tub is half HIS size and very pale yellow. In the picture of the pale yellow one, those are the other chicks we bought the same day for size reference. PXL_20220802_154627020.MP.jpg PXL_20220803_155721339.jpg

Here's a pic of the brooder area of our coop. All these were purchase the same day. PXL_20220803_155711277.jpg Left to right: "gold sex link" (the little blue behind the waterer), blue laced wyandotte tucked behind the novagen, the other "gold sex link", dominate maran, Rhode island red.

So back in May we bought 6 chicks from our local farm store. Each of us picked out different breeds. My daughters both picked from the Gold Sex Link tub and I thought, "oh great, we're getting two of the same and they're going to fight over which belongs to whom," but neither could be swayed from their choice. Oh well, so be it. Fast forward a few weeks and they are starting to look different, one is growing faster and getting darker in color. Okay, one must be a rooster, but it shouldn't be because that breed can be sexed by color and there should have been only girls in the tub. Also, the colors are opposite from what I've read they should be. The girls are darker. But this darker one has started crowing incessantly the last couple weeks. Can anyone tell me what breed he might be? He's also about half the size of all the other chicks we bought that are closer to full grown now. And then the other chick that came from that tub is half HIS size and very pale yellow. In the picture of the pale yellow one, those are the other chicks we bought the same day for size reference. View attachment 3227099View attachment 3227100

Back
Top Bottom