I feel stupid asking this

stargazingmommy

Songster
9 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Spokane
My peking has greenish colored spots on her bill. My kid thinks its mold. I'm thinking it's copper stains. Any ideas on it? I'll try to get a good pic tomorrow, tonight she's just to mud covered.

If it is bright kelly green, I haven't a clue, unless she could rub on something painted green, or your kids have been coloring her with a felt pen.

Lots of ducks get a dull colored greenish bill, or greenish colored spots on their bills. I've never heard of mold on a duck's bill.

If you look at photos on line, you will see normal colors for duck bills. They can be anywhere from white to nearly black. They come in yellow, orange, and green. Bills can be solid colored, spotted, or striped.

ducks with light colored bills get that idk what it is but its harmless. they are like freckles

Last edited:
A few of my ducks have that on their bills, and have had for quite a long time. My Pekin had the most on hers. Didn't ever seem to be an issue for anyone.

Last edited:
I am glad a couple of people offered their experience, as I have never had that on one of my ducks, either.

The runners have black bills with colored highlights, either green or blue, depending on . . . well, I am not sure exactly what it means but it changes. Perhaps it's equivalent to a mood ring?

thanks, glad my ducks not the only oddball out there.
My brown runner duck has a bill thats brown in the center and a greenish color on the outside edges, its kinda pretty, looks like its the color its supposed to be and and not the moldy green stuff doc has.

Back
Top Bottom