I found my little turk dead this morning

SAHMof2

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 11, 2010
I went to let them all out this a.m. and went inside to check food water and eggs and saw her there. My heart is heavy.

She was even still warm but not floppy either.

She was half the size of the other three turkeys and about the size of the 8 week old wyndottes I've got. Yesterday I noticed she was a bit "less" then usual but still running after the scraps of left over supper I was giving them. I decided to give them all a bit of acv in their water too for good measure and she drank a lot of water. When she did actually get a treat from the others she didn't eat it.

My question is when i picked her up there was a tiny bit of mucus around her nostrils and I have actually heard her sneeze twice. Otherwise they all look fabulously healthy (minus my old layers. They just look like a sorry site). Does that mean anything regarding her death? She has been the smallest noticably for at least a month but getting more so as each day goes on. (I suppose that is part-in-parcel).

Also if the sneezing does mean a possible reason for her death are the others at risk and what can I keep on hand as a just in case kit?

I so wanted that little girl to catch up with the other and show them her strut.

Many thanks.

hit.gif

I am so sorry

hugs.gif

I have no clue on the sneezing and mucus around her nostrils.

ugh
hugs.gif

So sorry you lost your little turkey.....I really can't say if she had some kind of illness, but just keep your eyes open......That's all you can do.

Hugs to you!
hugs.gif

Sharon

Back
Top Bottom