I gave my chickens brain freeze!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
The heat index at 4 PM today was 110. I'm standing in my kitchen enjoying a big bowl of this awesome new strawberry sherbert I found. Look out the window at my poor chickens standing in the shade, panting and hoping for a breeze. So I took a look at the ingredients in my sherbert. Whole strawberries, strawberry puree, water, milk solids, whey and sucrose. Nope, really nothing there they can't have, so why not?
I tried to sneak a bowl of it out to them without being caught by my DH, but he caught me. The moment he opened his mouth, I told him don't even! Even he had to laugh at them eating it.
Each hen ran up and grabbed a big blob of it. The minute they swallowed it their hackle feathers went up and stayed up.
My DH said, well now we know. Now we know what? What a chicken with brain freeze looks like.
gig.gif

Last edited:
That is the funniest case of animal cruelity I have ever heard. lol
I used to give my dog ice cream after soccer practice, she would take a huge bite, then press her head into the side of the truck. She never did catch on.
When my girls were toddlers, I could give them each a popsicle and tell them that whomever finished first would get another. It took them a while to catch on, too. lol

Back
Top Bottom