I have 4 EE eggs in bator (newcomer)

At day 3 you MIGHT be able to see something if you know what your looking for, Most wait till day 7. Dont toss any eggs out in till day 14ish (unless stinky) By day 14 you will know if any are duds (if you dont see a dark blob there duds) Good luck, and keep us updated !!

love your user-name!
tongue.png

Hi, Poop. I realize you are new here, but you might as well start learning the ropes - you may not post about putting eggs in the bator unless you divulge what kind of eggs they are, where you got them from, etc. It's just not allowed! I mean, we need details, here, man!!!!!
gig.gif

Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif

^^^^ Silly

They want you to feed their addiction!!! If you post all that, they will have 3x as many eggs as you are starting with by next week!!!! Its a sickness....

Just to let you know, if you candle now or tomorrow or whenever you may or may not see anything quite yet. I've been told to just keep trying and if you don't see anything by day 10-14 you can come here and consult. I'm still having a hard time seeing mine on day 8.

As far as the breed, the mama's are Americana (Easter Eggers), the papa is a mixed-bag. I put them in on Monday. I also have a couple of Pekin duck eggs in there also.

Oooh! Sounds like you're going to have some interesting little chickies, and pretty duckies, too!!! Let's see. . . if you put them in on Monday, and you aren't used to candling yet, I would probably wait until Sunday to candle. That way you should get a pretty clear view of the veining, and the little dark blob that is the actual embryo. Once you have seen what this all looks like, then next time you can candle earlier and you'll have a good idea what you're looking for. Just make sure that you wash your hands with soap really well before handling the eggs. You don't want to introduce any bacteria that might harm the embryos' development.

Can't wait to hear your results. Good Luck!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice, but now I am worried. I rinsed the eggs off with warm water after I collected them, they had dirt, and poop on them. Was I suppose to wash them with soap? I am concerned about bacteria now, am I wasting my time, should I start all over again?

Back
Top Bottom