I have 4 EE eggs in bator (newcomer)

No, you shouldn't of washed them with soap. You shouldnt have washed them at all.... Most just pick the cleanest ones and put them in the bator. I'm not sure how the soap will effect the chick or if it will !! Have you candled yet ?? Can you see any growing ?? I wouldnt throw any away in till you know for sure if they are bad eggs !!

I wouldn't candle until day 7. Trying to see anything before that might just prove more frustrating than anything else. I've heard of stranger things happening and eggs hatching, so they still might be just fine... but in the future you won;t want to wash them... just brush them off or choose cleaner eggs.

Best of luck... you will have to update how they are doing
smile.png

No, I didn't mean that you should have washed the eggs with soap, just that you should wash your hands before handling the eggs.

Most people do indeed pick their cleanest eggs for incubating, but sometimes you can get away with rinsing off some yuk with warm water. For instance, I have a bunch of eggs on day 14 right now that were shipped to me. When I got them several were crushed in the box and had contaminated the rest (quite the disgusting mess!). I had no choice but to rinse the good eggs with warm water before attempting to incubate. As of last night, all but 2 of the eggs are developing perfectly, and the 2 that aren't are clear. Although it's definitely better not to rinse your eggs, sometimes you can still get a good hatch if you do. - not that I'm counting my chicks before they hatch, but if the rinsing had contaminated the eggs with bacteria they wouldn't have developed this well so far. I got lucky!!

Don't give up on yours. There's a really good chance that they are fine. I'm betting that you will see some encouraging development when you candle!!!!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom