I have a new rabbit (American Chinchilla) One Pic

Jessika

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2008
Eagle Creek, OR
11212_eve_rabbit_pic.jpg

Her name is Eve. I bought her 2 weeks ago. We also are buying a couple of kits today (unrelated) for breeding puposes. I had no clue they were so rare. Gorgeous fur and they will work for meat too (they are foe meat, but all white meat rabbits have been prefered by most commercial operations)

One of the best parts was meeting this breeder. I have gotten many rabbits from many different places before. This is the biggest, happiest, healthiest rabbit I have ever seen. Max (the breeder) rasies American blues and blacks too. And he is only in high school. I am so impressed. It is so nice to meet another young person (lol not me I am old) with a drive to help keep something alive and bring it's popularity back.

For you other young people on such a mission....good job!!

Last edited:
clap.gif
Congrats on your rabbit!

Rabbits are EXCELLENT for our future generation!

28464_im000038.jpg

You need to talk with chinbunny1, she raises Chinchilla rabbits and has for a long time, very knowledgeable about the breed.
She can help you a great deal.

Sorry got her user name wrong , is chinbunny1 not the other y around.

Last edited:
I raise standard chins not americans. But basically they are the same rabbit. Just that one breed is bigger then the other.

I suggest joining the chinchilla rabbits yahoo group.

[email protected] There is quite a few american chin breeders on there.

Yes they are rare, according to the ALBC. but I don't think they are as rare just because they are listed there. They go by registration numbers. Many AC breeders don't register thier stock.

Thank you for the info!
big_smile.png
Their coats are just gorgeous.

I bought another unrelated pair too. I have never been a big one on "Papers" but they all came with them. I guess it's nice to see who was in their bloodlines.
smile.png

LOL I was bad....I bought an unrelated pair.
smile.png
I am hooked. And hubby doesn't mind them as much as the chickens since they since they don't have to be in the house for 8 weeks. lol (I think he just plain likes these ones).

thumbsup.gif
She is beautiful!

I also have an American Chinchilla. I went to a breeder looking for a lionhead and his Am. Chinchillas caught my eye...so big and just beautiful!...that I came home with one of them.

Mitzi

Back
Top Bottom