I have a roo!!

BlessedCountry6

Songster
5 Years
Mar 8, 2014
peace, hope and country
I was talking to my next door neighbor. She said "you have a little rooster!" I said "I do?", "Yes, at 6 o'clock this morning I had my window open and I heard that little awkward sound of a young rooster trying to crow." Awwwww! I didn't hear it. I am leaving my window open tonight so I can hear it in the morning. lol What was the first sign you had a rooster in your flock?

I was talking to my next door neighbor. She said "you have a little rooster!" I said "I do?", "Yes, at 6 o'clock this morning I had my window open and I heard that little awkward sound of a young rooster trying to crow." Awwwww! I didn't hear it. I am leaving my window open tonight so I can hear it in the morning. lol What was the first sign you had a rooster in your flock?

An enlarged red comb by 6 weeks old! I saw my 14 week old roo crow this morning for the first time. But I've known he was a roo since he was 5 weeks old.
I once had a leghorn rooster that crowed at 4 weeks old.
roll.png

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I have a roo. 7 weeks old.

Larger than the others. Smaller tail feathers. Redder comb. Bright red waddle's starting to show. Type-A personality (not mean per-se, but will barge over all the hens to get what he wants.) Occasionaly jumps on or gives a warning peck to the girls.

Haven't heard any crowing yet, but I'm pretty sure it's coming.

Unfortunatly, once that happens we'll have to get rid of him :(

An enlarged red comb by 6 weeks old! I saw my 14 week old roo crow this morning for the first time. But I've known he was a roo since he was 5 weeks old.
I once had a leghorn rooster that crowed at 4 weeks old.
roll.png

I am glad he found his crow! I have a few diff breeds so I am trying to learn what to look for with each one. My oldest ones are about 5 weeks old and the younger ones are about 3 weeks old so so it is too early for me as a first timer to spot who is making the noise when I am not there when he does it lol

I'm pretty sure I have a roo. 7 weeks old.

Larger than the others. Smaller tail feathers. Redder comb. Bright red waddle's starting to show. Type-A personality (not mean per-se, but will barge over all the hens to get what he wants.) Occasionaly jumps on or gives a warning peck to the girls.

Haven't heard any crowing yet, but I'm pretty sure it's coming.

Unfortunatly, once that happens we'll have to get rid of him :(
I have one that acts like that too. It is so funny to watch! Maybe it is just a busy body gal. lol I hope it's just an active chick so you won't have to get rid of him/her.

Back
Top Bottom