I have to share my excitment

HeatherLynn

Crowing
12 Years
May 11, 2009
Kentucky, Cecilia
We got a cow and I am getting 2 more goats. AND we are building a workshop right now and all the storage in the walk out basement is being moved out soon and we are finishing the walkout for more space.

I was so down because we found out we need to delay building at least another year. I have been patiently savings and scrimping and it still was going to take longer and I really have to build on the farm because if I am more than 100 ft away from them they do crazy stuff like fall off barn roofs. So anywho I was all down but things are working out. The farm is starting to act like a real farm and me and the kids are loving it. My husband says its about time. My parents figure we are here to stay to help them so we might as well do these things now that they have help. They wanted to but didn't have the energy to do everything needed anymore. Once there is more space I will be as close to content as I can be until I have my own house again.

Meanwhile we checked in with the renters in our old house and they are taking great care of it. Potentially they might even want to buy it by then. Man that would be so great. We told them when they first rented if they wanted to explore that option we would cut the price for them .

I feel so much better. I have my Jersey heifer out with my lone goat. And tomorrow my lonely goat gets her buddies. Then its push push push on finishing that workshop. Mush hubby mush.

She is the prettiest little thing. She is so skinny and scared still but I figure a month with me and she will be a happy little butterball. She is very intrigued by the smaller goats. She was raised with goats actually but they were big. The geese are not happy with her as she keeps following them sniffing. She spent her day eating, eating, and chewing, chewing, chewing. I have to worm her tomorrow which is a first for me on a cow. I have seen it done, just not sure on that whole up close and personal worming part.

I am already working on taming her. The chickens have competition for being sung to now. I am so buying a cowbell too. If I can now get my dad to behave as well as the chickens, goats and calf are life will be sweet. Not that he will behave but oh well. At least while I stress over him being naughty and climbing on barn roofs I can pet my calf and goats.

Isn't it fun to add to your farm. We started with chickens and added rabbits. Now we are thinking of adding some ducks. Our hobby farm has been improving, building wise, as I find more lumber and supplies that others are throwing out. We repurpose them. It's fun to see how it can all come together from a single idea. Best wishes on your expansion.

Back
Top Bottom