I just bought some chickens and not sure what breed they are.

Seya

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2015
Florida

The man i bought these chickens said this is a hen, but im not so sure...but my roosters doesn't seem to mind. The guy also didn't know what breed any of the chickens were.

Also not sure what type of chicken this is, it has little small spurs on it too.
Please let me know any info if you can. :)

The one on the top looks like a Bantam Rhode Island Red Is it as small as it looks? By any chance do you have a picture of the head of the other one? The closest breed it looks like is a Crevecoeur but the combs not to correct comb for the breed.

Last edited:

Here is it's face

Here is the back

Here is it's feet, also you can see the spur there. Still not sure if its a female or male.

Also yes the top reddish hen is very small and very friendly. She likes to fly up to my shoulder and sit there.

It looks really close to a Pyncheon chicken but I haven't seen one in black, it could also be something crossed with a houdan (something with a single comb was crossed with it)

The first bird looks like a Rhode Island Red bantam. The other looks like a mix to me, probably with Silkie or Polish in it.

They're both hens.

I'm not seeing the bantam in the Rhode Island Red, I do see she's smallish but I'm thinking it's age, she's larger than I'd think a bantam would be. The black hen looks like a Polish mix to me.

Back
Top Bottom