I just do not get it ? Muscovy duck hunts down my poor doggie

okiechick57

Crowing
14 Years
May 22, 2007
Just outside Okc Oklahoma
I just do not get why my drake will NOT just leave my poor ole dog alone........Annie the dog even does the passive stance and this duck goes after her all the way up and down the steps.......until I intervene.......... now........this duck leaves my other dog completely alone? Just dont get it ?

Last edited:
LOL LOL LOL!

I think your poor submissive pup needs to grow some huevos and go after the pushy drake! (with the face only a mother could love)

Really kinda cute, though, isn't it!? My mothers ducks leave her dogs - even the 15 year old one - well alone. Guess they know that if she still had teeth...she'd eat them!

Poor Annie! She is such a good dog, so polite too. Bad duck, bad duck!

I wonder what bothers the duck so much about Annie. She is just the sweetest dog. I know the duck does not see her as a threat. So I wonder why the duck acts that way with her?

:eek: It is terrible. I have literally beat him off of Annie. Annie finally stood up to him and boy , that was one heck of a thing to see....Annie is the nicest dog.......but very protective of people........and fought that duck for 5 minutes and she was losing.......the whole time I was hitting the drake with a boot....a big boot
ep.gif
, he never noticed......I finally grabbed Annie and shoved the duck ........He still goes after her....I havent seen any other up close fights............I may have to rehome him if he doesn't stop !

male ducks can be like roosters sometimes. he may see her as his main competition. since i'm assuming you like the dog more, i would pass him on. if you can hit it with a boot and it doesn't care, to me, it needs to go.

Were they raised together? Just from the video, it seems the drake ( a beautiful one BTW) is just hanging out wanting to talk. That is how they communicate. Our scovy drakes come up to us and talk to us just like that and we just talk back. They will follow us like yours is just to make sure we listen. The drake didn't seem aggressive in the video at all. He seemed talkative and interested. But if he is trying to mate with her or actually just beating her up with claws and wings and bill, then I agree, time to step in.

Quote:
Terry, no they were not raised together. The video shows only the drakechasing Annie around......if I had let it go this boy would have attacked, it has happened and it was ugly. that is the only time I had to step in and try to get him off of her........he was in for the kill...... poor Annie I just hate it for her, she was so trying not to get in trouble with me but needed so bad to fight back..... if he doesnt leave her alone he will be re-homed, I know someone interested in him..........just he is soooooo pretty and otherwise a pretty good duck.......huge
ep.gif
but so pretty

Last edited:
I can let you borrow one of my boxers LOL lets see that duck try and bulling one of them !!
cant you give poor Annie a spiked collar and nice little talk on how to stand up for herself ??
I have a drake that was bulling my hens and then tried breeding them so I had to make him his own yard. I think sometimes drakes can be worse than roosters LOL

well give annie a hug from us and tell her it will be alright.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom