I JUST GOT NEW DUCKS FIRST TIME DUCKIE here.....

ronmybaby

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 12, 2010
big_smile.png
I just got one male Mallard and two female Mallards yesterday. I placed them in our pond. I bought some cracked corn. What else can I feed them?? I throw the cracked corn near the waters edge. They run off swimming and don't understand I am there to feed them. Hopefully in time they will come to me. I was afraid they would leave last night not knowing where they were now but this morning there they were near the waters edge.
big_smile.png

Please give me some help and advice for my new ducks. They (girls) have not had babies yet all are about 1 ro 2 yrs old I believe. Thanks so much for any duck help
smile.png

You may want to feed them a layer feed designed for ducks/chickens. Cracked corn is kinda like a 'killer filler' in the sense that it is higher in carbs but doesn't provide the essential nutrients.

Congrats! YOu can cut up some veggies into small pieces and give them that. I use romaine, escarole, swiss chard, chicory, dandelion greens, cut up carrots, cut up peppers and throw them either on the ground or in their pool, they scarf them up! And of course, PEAS! Mine also get layer pellets, and the cracked corn in the winter only. The girls get a calcium supplement too.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah!!! Thanks guys!! I already throw fish feed for the crappie little fish in the pond. So they can eat that fish feed too. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom