I know this is a Rooster but what about his breed.

Flamens Farm

Songster
May 23, 2018
Sumter, SC
He is 6 weeks old and his father is a New Hampshire, not sure which is his mama though! Also, have a 6-week old pullet that looks like a New Hampshire or RIR but is growing a beard and muff. Could she be an EE?
IMG_1981.JPG
IMG_1997.JPG IMG_1984.JPG IMG_1990.JPG

The pullet does look like a New Hampshire crossed with an Easter egger. I can't say what breed the mother of the cockerel is. If you provide some breeds of the hens in the flock from which he was born then maybe we could help. But sometimes it's not possible with mixed breeds because chicken genetics can do strange things.

The pullet does look like a New Hampshire crossed with an Easter egger. I can't say what breed the mother of the cockerel is. If you provide some breeds of the hens in the flock from which he was born then maybe we could help. But sometimes it's not possible with mixed breeds because chicken genetics can do strange things.
If it is mixed with the EE then it might lay the blue/green eggs?

Definitely not the barred rock. My guess would be one of the EEs was the mother. The small bit of leg I can see from the cockerel looks greenish, which is an EE trait. Easter eggers have a lot of different genes in their make-up, so the cockerel having a single comb is quite possible from an EE mother and NH father.

Definitely not the barred rock. My guess would be one of the EEs was the mother. The small bit of leg I can see from the cockerel looks greenish, which is an EE trait. Easter eggers have a lot of different genes in their make-up, so the cockerel having a single comb is quite possible from an EE mother and NH father.

Back
Top Bottom