I let 5 eggs drop!

mandolinmama

Songster
12 Years
Apr 13, 2007
Urbana Missouri
I had finally gotten all set up for my first hatch. Got the temp and humidity just right and set my eggs in yesterday evening.
I did not purchase the egg turner so i've been turning them by hand. I noticed that they seemed to roll too much on the metal rack in my little giant so I decided to cut up some of that no slip material that Cynthia had mentioned using.
I decied that my next egg turn I would have to move quickly and remove the eggs so I could place the non-slip material at the bottom.
Guess I must have been too quick because I plopped 5 perfect eggs on my kitchen floor!!!
I'm so upset!!!! Now i'm down to just 15 eggs.
sad.png

I just wanted to hurry so they weren't out of the bater for too long.
Darn!!

Hi Mandolinmama
Been there and done that. I was on my way done to put 10 eggs under a broody hen. Dropped 3. So I know how frustrating it is. This kind of makes you a little more carefull next time.
Good luck, Ray from Newfoundland Canada

Good luck with the rest... Once I was collecting eggs and put them in my pocket because I forgot the basket... Well, I bumped into the door on the way in and had about 4 eggs soaking though my pocket and down my leg... At least it was only one pocket and the other dozen were fine.

Back
Top Bottom