I lost all my flock last night!

carrieschicks

Hatching
7 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Tucson, AZ
I've had my girls (8 of them) for 1 1/2 years and they were a big part of my life. This morning when I went out they were all dead. One girl was totally missing. All the others looked like they had just fallen over. There were feathers everywhere, but no blood. I can't find out where whatever got in. I looked all over to see if I could find tracks...feathers from Penny...or anything else, but it is just like she vanished. I am devastated!

Wow how horrible, so sorry. The missing one may be alive and hiding somewhere and will come back when she feels its safe I would keep a eye out for her. Do you know any one with a game cam you can barrow or a live trap it might be back.

I'm so sorry to hear of this.
hugs.gif
It sounds very much like the work of our local coyotes.

ETA: I live in the center of town and have had attacks like this happen twice. The first time it happened two birds survived by flying over our walled yard and running down the road. Since I couldn't find any feathers from those two I searched the neighborhood carefully and I found them hiding in some weeds. It might be worth looking around tomorrow. The second time it happened, the coyote came over the wall in the middle of the day and snatched a hen right in front of me, less than 20' away. I did manage to get the coyote to drop the hen (and it survived), but there would not have been a feather lost and I would have never known if I hadn't witnessed it. Lots of other people in our neighborhood have similar stories.

Last edited:
I am so sorry. I just had a similar thing happen to me last night :(. I just want to cry and shoot a dog today!

Back
Top Bottom