I lost Power!

GAGE

Songster
10 Years
May 22, 2010
GA
The storm came through right at 1:00 this morning and immediately knocked out the power. My temp dropped into the 70's, so I decided to bring my bator to work, and got it plugged in at 8:30 this morning. I candled my eggs last night and had 16 going into lock down tomorrow morning. I have a lot of money tied up in these eggs and can only hope some of them are going to make it.
he.gif
:he:he

I have lost power for a few hours a few different times during incubation and still had a decent hatch both times. This morning we lost power for an hour duing a storm I think they will still be okay. Of course when I'm NOT incubating, we never seem to lose power lol.

You should be fine. A few hours, and in the 70's isn't horrible. I lose power out here all the time, and only once had a failed incubation. . . That failed incubation was during a 10 hour power outage and the temp read 43 degrees.
wink.png

Our power was out for almost 6 hours and mine are hatching right now. Thank goodness DH has a small generator and we ran that loud thing all night long. Wasn't going to lose over 60 eggs if I could help it.

I lost power last night too for about 4 hours. I have two hatches in right now with one scheduled for lockdown tomorrow. I called the electric company twice last night and couldn't sleep (tired today at work). I am happy to read posts that the eggs can survive the power outages. When I lived in the city, I was on the same grid as the hospital so we never lost power for very long but last night in the country, the power company wanted directions to my house. whew, big difference.

Back
Top Bottom