I Love My Chickens!!!

KMHunter

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr
10 Years
Jun 12, 2009
Woodinville,WA
My Coop
My Coop
I was out in the yard today digging out and leveling a spot in the yard for a new shed(possible future coop)
celebrate.gif
. I let the girls out to play while I was out. So, I was digging and pulling large rolls of grass up, and there they were right in front of me catching the bugs and worms as I went. We did that for about an hour! They did get in the way a little while I was using the shovel, but it was worth it to see them hunt and eat all they could find. They were sooo cute! Ok, I will stop gushing now.
love.gif
I just haven't had any real time to enjoy them since the rain started this fall. I got my fix now. I'm happy, and I think they are too.
wee.gif
D.gif
Share your special, and/or memorable times with your chickens!

Edit for spelling

Last edited:
One time a tractor was here digging the foundation for the addition to our house. The chickens kept running up to get newts and things where the tractor was digging. Later that evening we found a chicken without a foot. It lived and did fine anyway.

I love my chickens too! I can't believe how much time I spend out there with them! And I HATE cold weather. Usually you won't catch me outside once the temp gets down to 40, but here I am, out in the garden with them, talking to them, giving them treats! Oh, and the best yet, my neighbor probably really thinks I'm nuts when I run up and down the length of the garden laughing while they're running behind me!!!!!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

My chickens are great .. I swear they are trained better than most dogs, I can tell them what to do and they listen (to some respect) - They do get close to the spade too though so they cant be that smart lol

I cant wait till i get chicks so i have them from hatching, So I can train them how to avoid head removal by spades (hasnt happend yet)

One of my favorite times with our little flock is when I need to lead them out of our vegetable garden back to their coop area during free range time. I've discovered that if I leave them free will in the garden, they'll decimate my best veggies, spinach, lettuces, broccoli... So, I gather several tall stems of chard and call out to them, " Here, chickies...here, chickie doodles..." and here they come from every corner of the garden or backyard flower beds, running after me, stretching their necks to try to grab a chard treat on the foot, so to speak. I feel like the Pied Piper of Hamelin, leading the mice to the harbor, except I'm taking my girls to safe keeping and tasty treats! ~G

Yup..love mine too. They're always so excited to see me.
love.gif
(cause they know i'll have some treat for them..lol)

I must admit--I love my chickens, also! They were not 'hand raised' and I purchased them when they were 18weeks old.. so, they are not 'love-bugs'-- but they will run to me, follow me around and they allow my toddler grandson to get the eggs from them with out pecking him... I love watching them work so hard for their treats and food.. I wish I had room for more than 12--maybe next yr...Dixie

Back
Top Bottom