I need Advice. Hens butts and sides have been bald since april

jonbanks

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
I have treated my hens coop with seven dusst... ive been rubbing vasaline on their butts and legs. They all have bald spots and little cuts and scraps on their bald butts. Well I have three hens that are fine but they came in a second batch. Anyway I have been treating them since april and im worried. Winter is going to come in few months and they have no butt cover. Oh by the way they have not slowed down on laying. That might let us know they are not molting

Last edited:
Have you treated the bird with seven dust? You have to totally clean out the coop, bleach and dust. Maybe mites??? Can you get pic's?

Maybe the chicken diaper for winter??? might help keep that area warm.

my wife has the camera but I have treated the coop and i have even put the seven dust in a sock and beat it on their butts .... I have vasalined their butts...sometimes i think i outta ring their necks and get a whole new flock. The young hens that i have that are not laying dont have this problem. im frustrated is there a liquid i can give them

meyers has a liquid. i am thinking of ordering it. Poultry protector kills eggs, larvae, pupae and adults. NON TOXIC

product #94033 16 0z spray 14.16
product #94066 33.9 oz 20.50
product #94088 1 gallon 63.40

Back
Top Bottom