i need advice i put my guinea eggs the wrong way in the turner

binkysmom78

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 1, 2012
tx
Hi, i put guineas the wrong way in the turner. I candled them & they seemed good & moved around. They should hatch june 17th .is it too late to flip them? If anyone has any info i will appreciate it tons :) i don't want the little guys to die on me. A big thanks to everyone wh response.

I would flip them the right side up. Big end up. I'm sure they'll be ok and orient themselves. But correct it now. Sometimes when hens/ducks etc roll their eggs, occasionally one or two are completely upside down for a short time. When the hen rolls again, they can be right side up again. I'm sure they'll be fine. Even the Mommas do it to their eggs
smile.png

Thank you baygoose !!! I just got done flipping them over. Everyone is alive so far :) what the guineas have died if i would not have flipped them. Good night :D

Thank you baygoose !!! I just got done flipping them over. Everyone is alive so far
smile.png
what the guineas have died if i would not have flipped them. Good night
big_smile.png

You're welcome! Yea, if they weren't turned, they may have hatched upside down and possibly drown when they take their first breaths. They need that air pocket at the large end of the egg to breath into and expand their lungs before they begin hatching. And when the large end of the egg is up, the chicks can orient themselves into the correct position. They can orient themselves to hatch at the big end when the eggs are laying on their sides as well. But they should be fine now! Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom