I need an opinion

jbowyer01

Just Me!
14 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Hogansville, Georgia
I need everyones opinion on something. I'm having a sign and a decal made up for my little business. But before I order them I have a question. What do you take as the true definition of a farm? I have a small piece of property but I raise chickens for eggs (both hatching and eating) and chicks for selling (I also sell a few hens and roosters now and then). It is a small operation. I sell mostly local and to a few faithful people. I am working on a breeding program for bantam barred rocks but its still in the early stages. I also sell homemade jellies, pickels and a few other things. Do I classify as a farm?I know what websters definiton is but I want your opinions. The reason I ask is I want to name the business Bowyer's Itty Bitty Farm. (I have a small piece of property, a small house, I have bantams, minature doxies and even my truck isnt a full size truck lol). So what do ya'll think?

You can call it a farm if you want!
We have 2 acres with a 1/4 acre pond, 900 sq ft cottage and 60x40 barn.
Camelot Farm- Unique Poultry Realm

smile.png

farmer is more of a state of mind...mainly confussion...but happy...yup...you are a farmer...doesn't have to be ranche grande....ranchitos work as well!

Yea!!!!I'm a farmer, I'm a farmer, Yea!!!!I'm a farmer, I'm a farmer, Yea!!!!I'm a farmer, I'm a farmer!
wee.gif

You guys have made me smile! I've always wanted acreage with cattle and such. Even came close a couple of times but it just wasnt meant to be. And now with the economy as scarey as it is I think I'll just stay where I am because my house is paid for.

Back
Top Bottom