I need help chicks are dying

lostboy

In the Brooder
Jan 9, 2017
Can anyone message me and I can give you my number. I have no idea what is wrong but my chicks are dying

Where in the world are you? This is an international forum, so you really can't expect people to just ring you with advice, without more information....

How old are the chicks?
What are the symptoms?
Have you checked for pasty butt? (poop crusting on the vent and clogging it up so that they are bunged up...Usually they will cheep a lot whilst they are straining to poop.
How is your brooder set up? Have you checked the temperature on the floor of the brooder? Having a warm side and a cooler side where the food and water is, helps the chicks not to overheat. Overheating often causes dehydration and that leads to pasty butt, so temperature is really important and a little on the cooler side is better than too hot.

In Florida. They are 3 days old. I can't figure out what is the problem and my old man is not helping. He said the weak ones will die. 3 were dead under the electric brooder one more keeps stumbling and falling down and getting trampled.

I've always got chicks from my dad at 2 weeks old and this is the first time I've got them from a hatchery

3 were dead under the electric brooder one more keeps stumbling and falling down and getting trampled.
Where under the electric brooder. How hot is the brooder? Is it a factory brooder----to save time you need to give all details----so you can get faster answers instead of questions. Sorry

Last edited:
I've got an electric brooder on one side and a heat lamp on the other. Lamp area is 96. Chick starter and water with save a chic in it. 10 seem to be fine but I have 3 more that are not looking good

I've got an electric brooder on one side and a heat lamp on the other. Lamp area is 96. Chick starter and water with save a chic in it. 10 seem to be fine but I have 3 more that are not looking good

Chicks have to have a cool down area----you can not heat the whole brooder----they will die from the heat

Back
Top Bottom