i need help finding game fowl

chasityandjoe

Hatching
11 Years
Dec 13, 2008
i am looking to buy game fowl rooster and hens does anyone know where i can find some in nc towards raleigh area

Last edited:
Quote:
No, sorry thats not me. i live in northern va but have gamefowl and know many folks who do, just trying to pick your brain a little so that maybe i could help you find the birds you seek

so ya dont know breed names, how about a color prefrence?
20206_headshot.jpg

Last edited:
I know that there are alot of people on here that raise and keep game birds. There are several kinds and some of them are able to look you in the eye.

If you would like to know what kinds there are, you can do a google search and see photos and descriptions.

I simply LOVE my game birds, but I only keep a certain kind. I try very hard to keep true to this group as possible. I only have one really nice roo and he is a real terror. Game roos are sorta bad with the fighting thing. They don't just fight for the pecking order, they fight to the death and they are really good at it. If you do decide to raise games, just be aware of this.

I raised my roo from an egg and he will let me pick him up, even when he is in the middle of a fight. Not all will let you do this.
He is one of the tamer ones. My game hens are VERY loyal to thier roo, he keeps them in line and I know he will sacrific his life to protect his hens.

if you're in nc you should have no problem finding a few around. if nothing else put an ad up at the local feed store. chances are someone has a few extra and they might be willing to help a beginner out. try something like "looking to buy - gamefowl, yard hatch or excess pullets, looking to get started", etc"

on the other hand if you'd be willing to ship I've got some extras I'd be willing to part with. I just put some pics up of some of my gamefowl on my webpage www.freewebs.com/bob_152/

Hey Josh, good to see you on here, if you havent figgured out who it is yet , ya recwently did a painting of one of our kelso fowl
wink.png

Recently found the place and joined, makes since with the things the way they are @ home these days, have enjoyed it here alot but my game bird instincts keep pointing me in the direction of them lol

chasityandjoe , there are tonsssss of folks in your area with gamefowl, i would suggest as said allready, put up an add on craigslist and at your local feed store

we keep bounce'n this thread around enuff you might luck out here . good luck in your quest
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom