I need help to start a chicken farm / ministry

How do you plan to house them /keep predators from reaching them?

Hi KikisGirls,

Since the land that we have is bare land, I have the same problem with settling the Christians there. My thought is to temporarily house the people in tents. I have a Pakistani friend whose ministry is for Muslims, and she houses them in tents. I thought I would do the same for Christians in the colony until we can build them brick apartments (something they never dreamed of having). Eventually I want start a SIPS manufacturing business there, and their home will be totally insulated by the foam structure.

So, I thought for now, just like the people, we should set up tents for them to protect the from the sun. They would have an outdoor fenced area.

They will not be kept in the huge commercial buildings I see in the state and in Mexico. Each family, two or three families will be in charge of at least 100 chickens, whatever they are capable of managing. To rescue the Christians kept in just the slavery of the brick kilns, we are talking about hundreds of thousands of people. So the less we distribute our our production (chickens), the more families will be helped.

Our goal is not to keep these families at a low level, but to bring them into the system, and elevate them to "better" things in their lives. When I lived in LA, I dealt with a lot of street people and took time to learn about them, thus learned about people. Some people quite productive jobs to live on the street an have a greater sense of freedom for life's stress. So I anticipate many of these humble, simple people will enjoy the quiet life of having a secure home and raising their chickens. Others can study or train and move up that ladder.

As for the predators, in Pak, the worst predators are human, so the few predatory animals will be kept out with fences and overhead wires to discourage raptors, while the human predators will be kept out with an economically empowered community that will understand their rights (which Pakistan does grant to minorities, Christians), and coupled with that, they will have access to legal help we will provide.

That you very much for the questions. If you have and advice to give as for this kind of production facility, I would certainly appreciate it. Actually, another concern of mine is the conditions in which the chickens must live. My mom, dad, and kids loved to watch and feed the chickens (not so much to collect their eggs, but yes, to eat them), so I would like to have the chickens enjoy their lives as much as possible. When God sent Jonah to keep Ninevah from being destroyed, he also mentioned the great number of animal life that would be destroyed with them. So other may be tree huggers, maybe I may be a chicken hugger (yuck). When I got my baby chickens, I would gather them on my lap, but grown chickens ... ?

Bless you, my friend.

I have no idea where to get chickens. I know in the states, I can get them for $2.00 USD, but they are expensive in Pak. My other concern was that when I traveled in Mexico, all the chickens I saw were very small. My chickens from the coop were always huge. I do need to find the right source. I also need to have one of my helpers there tell me about their chickens.

When we start our ponds, I would think that somehow the "neutered" (what do you call them) Tilapia will be somehow available or importable there.

I have so many question, and so few answers. But the answers will come at some point.

Thank you, I will check it out now!

Are you wanting to ship chicks from the USA to Pakistan?
I am not sure how the shipping works when shipping chicks overseas (from the USA to there) but I would think it would be TOO LONG of a trip for the chicks and they would not make it. (survive)

Are you wanting to ship chicks from the USA to Pakistan?
I am not sure how the shipping works when shipping chicks overseas (from the USA to there) but I would think it would be TOO LONG of a trip for the chicks and they would not make it. (survive)
Hmmm, that would be too bad. I will keep on checking. I wondered if if would be possible. I will try to find out what breeds they have there.

Thank you.

Hmmm, that would be too bad. I will keep on checking. I wondered if if would be possible. I will try to find out what breeds they have there.

Thank you.

I know for a fact that friends of mine have ordered chicks and had them shipped within the USA and because it took more than 24 hours they received dead chicks.
I would be worried...shoot I would not even order chicks if they couldn't be delivered within 48 hours.

I do not know for sure but I think a flight from USA to Pakistan is very long, maybe multiple stops..which means longer in a chicks eye....??
Just my two cents

welcome-byc.gif

Good luck with all your plans!

Back
Top Bottom