I need Help!

eggxelent

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 19, 2012
Okay, I found a breed of chicken that I so far like, but people in the reviews keep saying it is "flighty". What does it mean? Please veterans, answer me! I need something quickly!
D.gif
hu.gif

A flighty bird is high strung. It's often a good flyer and houdini. A flighty bird generally doesn't like to be someone's pet, it wants to keep to it's self and/or to it's chicken buddies. A flighty bird is also more alert, so if you're free ranging your birds a flighty breed stands a better chance of survival against predators than a more docile breed.

Thank you so much. I might not want to get that bird then... Anyway thanks again!!!!!!
goodpost.gif

I picked up some Leghorns a year ago and they are a flighty breed. They'd escape from the run and I finally found out how they were getting back in. They'd go behind the coop, look up and then jump and fly straight up to the roof. Once there, they'd walk across and fly down into the run. They are spastic and cute as can be though.

Okay, I found a breed of chicken that I so far like, but people in the reviews keep saying it is "flighty". What does it mean? Please veterans, answer me! I need something quickly!
D.gif
hu.gif
Flighty is a nice way of saying high strung and hysterical. Leghorns are a good example. However, they are the best layers and the hardest for predators to catch. Also, most of them never go broody. I don't have them because I can't stand the SQUAAAWKKK!!! SQUAAWCK whenever I go in the pen. But that's me.

Back
Top Bottom