I need ideas for a fast growing, trellis climbing, flowering plant...

Thanks guys! I'll google all the ideas you've given me and go from there..
Thanks again! :)

Kudzu?

hide.gif

The paradise vine can grow 10-15ft in a season and has beautiful flowers. It's a member of the nightshade family though, so not safe for nibbling animals.

Ooh! Or the passion flower! It looks like something an alien would plant and is gorgeous. Plus it makes edible fruit.

Last edited:
Scarlet runner beans is another one that provides food. It is an annual though, so it needs to be re-planted every year. You can save some of the seeds out of the pods though, no need to buy new seed every year.

Get some japanese honeysuckle! It is evergreen and will provide berries for the wild ones. Also very fragrant when in bloom. It grows excellent on structures.

The japanese honeysuckle sounded like a great idea... however after googling it it seems as if its a super invasive alien plant and can choke out other vegitation. The site i looked at recomended trumpet honeysuckle as an alternative. I like the idea of something mice and smelly. :)

If you were thinking of bamboo.... there are two dif ways bamboo propigates sme by runners ( which will take over everything) and some grows in clumps which may work for your scenerio as it grows fast and thick... but there are very interesting varieties of both.

Since my simple chicken run project has since turned into the chicken version of fort knox I may use a mix of the suggested vines and perhaps one grape vine, i just think it would be fun to watch chickens try to fly up to eat grapes. lol

Back
Top Bottom