I need support and my friend needs prayers.

hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif

I will add you to my prayers. Went through something similar with my friend last year and we still have some pretty rough days but God has brought some pretty cool blessings out of the ashes.

I know it is HER decision: her son in law just got his GED and there is a celebration planned for February 5th. Even if he passes away, she is going on with the celebration, because she feels that is what he would want her to do. He cannot speak or understand anything anymore, so she really can't ask.

I will go, but I am sure all attending will be conflicted. She has been my best friend for 11 years now, so if she want a party, she'll have a party.

We have seen some pretty tough times together too, so I think I handle a pot luck and cake.

honestly deb, it probably is what he would want. Odd as it may seem to those upset. My SIL's mother passed away right before the holidays. The last things she did was make out lists for holiday party plans she wanted her daughter to take over since she would not be there. She did not want the family falling apart and not celebrating together just because one member was gone. It was difficult and my SIL needed a ton of support but she did it.
hugs.gif
I am sure she will need your shoulder to lean on to get through it all.

No matter how odd her requests are to me, I am going to be there in full party gear if that is what she wants. Yes I care about the man, but only because he is her husband, and her and I have been through hell together and back again, so if she wants me in purple with a hat on that is what I will do.

Kate, I am ok. I cry, I recover, I cry, I recover. It will be ok in the end. This is just a road the Lord gave us to travel down.

JustAChickenLittle&More :

You are a great friend, and this family will be remembering all of you in our prayers.
smile.png

Thank you, please save me for last. She needs the prayers WAY more than I do right now. Pray for me in April when taxes are due.​

Party?

Reminds me of the story of everyone coming for the funeral of the patriarch who was coming to the end of a long, long illness,and so the mother/wife baked some chocolate chip cookies. The smell of those cookies (his very favorite) roused the dieing patriarch out of his death coma and he got up and walked into the kitchen and as he reached to take a cookie to eat, his wife slapped his hand and said, "Don't eat those, they are for your funeral!"

BTW... still praying for you and for that family, that they can feel peace and know that he has moved on to a better place...

Back
Top Bottom