I need to replace ducks in a hurry!!!

Triplell

Songster
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
Brainerd, MN
I am looking for Rouens to replace the ones that I have lost to preditors. If you are in MN I am willing to drive to you and if you are out of state but close I will do the same. Otherwise I will pay for the shipping of ducklings. I started out with 10 ducks and 2 drakes and now have 1 drake with 4 ducks. If you have another breed that lay's the blue/green eggs I am willing to take them to. Also looking for some kahki cambells or even some runners. I need to have something that lay's very well as I have eating egg accounts that I need to keep. Please help if you can.

Triplell AKA Heidi

Hey Heidi, you can't ship birds this time of the year. The PO has rules on temps and you can't ship when temps are 85 and higher. I know some still do it, but dead on arrival isn't my idea of safe shipping.

Check your local CL for ducks, as any you get from a hatchery would be ducklings, and no eggs right away.

Good luck on your search

Thanks Celtic,I am having a very hard time finding anything right now. I may just have to try and hatch my own then try and find another drake later to avoid getting too inbred. Thanks anyway, Heidi

Back
Top Bottom