I NEED URGENT HELP

PLEASE I WOULD LOVE YOU TO ASSIST ME....WHEN AM FIXING THE HEAT LAMP SHOULD I MAKE IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COOP OR ON THE SIDE OF THE COOP............PLEASE I NEED URGENT HELP

Are you letting the hen raise the chicks, or are you taking the chicks away from her and raising them yourself? If you are letting the hen raise the chicks, you do not need a heat lamp. She will keep them warm. If you are raising the chicks yourself, put the heat lamp at one side of the pen, so there is a warm side and a cool side to the pen. They will move between the warm and cool areas as needed to keep themselves the right temperature.

Are you letting the hen raise the chicks, or are you taking the chicks away from her and raising them yourself? If you are letting the hen raise the chicks, you do not need a heat lamp. She will keep them warm. If you are raising the chicks yourself, put the heat lamp at one side of the pen, so there is a warm side and a cool side to the pen. They will move between the warm and cool areas as needed to keep themselves the right temperature.

okay,i want to raise them on my own so i have gotten the wood shavings,the 100w incandescent bulb,and the feeders so i want to know where to place the bulb before and run a test like some two days before they arrive on Sunday.

okay,i want to raise them on my own so i have gotten the wood shavings,the 100w incandescent bulb,and the feeders so i want to know where to place the bulb before and run a test like some two days before they arrive on Sunday.

thumbsup.gif
Excellent plan!

AM REALLY GRATEFUL TO YOU ALL ,YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT AND WONDERFUL TEACHERS.....I RPOMISE TO PASS THESE TEACHING ON AND WOULD CONSULT YOU GUYS WHEN EVER I NEED GUIDANCE.........GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND AM PRAYING THAT ON SUNDAY ALL MY EGGS HATCH AND I WILL HAVE LIKE TWO MALES AND FOUR FEMALES TO START MY JOURNEY ....I LOVE YOU ALL
love.gif
bow.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
goodpost.gif
yesss.gif
thumbsup.gif

AM REALLY GRATEFUL TO YOU ALL ,YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT AND WONDERFUL TEACHERS.....I RPOMISE TO PASS THESE TEACHING ON AND WOULD CONSULT YOU GUYS WHEN EVER I NEED GUIDANCE.........GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND AM PRAYING THAT ON SUNDAY ALL MY EGGS HATCH AND I WILL HAVE LIKE TWO MALES AND FOUR FEMALES TO START MY JOURNEY ....I LOVE YOU ALL
love.gif
bow.gif
clap.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
goodpost.gif
yesss.gif
thumbsup.gif

HI MY NAME IS ISAAC FROM GHANA,MY BOSS HAS BRAHMA BIRDS.I LOVE THE BIRDS SO I WANTED TO KEEP SOME IN MY OWN BACKYARD.NOW ACCORDING TO HIM THE BRAHMA HE HAS LAYS EGGS BUT CAN NOT HATCH THEM SO WE GIVE THE EGGS TO OUR LOCAL HEN TO HATCH THEM.NOW I HAVE TAKEN 6 OF THE EGGS AND GIVEN THE TO A LOCAL HEN IN MY AREA TO HATCH THEM WHICH I THINK AM LEFT WITH LIKE A WEEK MORE FOR THEM TO BE HATCH,NOW I WANT SOMEONE TO REALLY TEACH ME HOW TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM ...SOME OF MY QUESTIONS ARE WHAT BULB WATTS SHOULD I USE FOR THEM?FROM THE FIRST DAY WHAT MEDICATION SHOULD I GIVE IN WATER ?CAN I ADD SOME FRESH VEGETABLES TO THEIR FEED OR IF THERE IS A NATURAL FEED I CAN GIVE ETC......

Honestly the best way to know anything is to educate yoursel by reading researching and come up with what works for you. It's difficult to explain such a personal preference when we don't know the situation. Ridgerunner gave you so much advice. I bought a book on raising chickens after I lost my Pekin bantam, I was so devastated as I didn't know what was happening to her, so by asking questions I realised I knew nothing and now I believe if I read more about how and what chickens need I could have done things different.
You are the best judge how to go about raising these chicks. Gail Damerow is the author I bought both of her books " Chicken Health" and "Raising Chickens" they are full of information for about $14.95 it's like an encyclopaedia.
To be honest my opinion is just that my opinion.

Isaac please keep us posted.. we are interested in how your little family turns out.. Remember be patient with them. It can take months for your new chicks to turn into egg machines.. patience and clean coops.. good luck

Isaac please keep us posted.. we are interested in how your little family turns out.. Remember be patient with them. It can take months for your new chicks to turn into egg machines.. patience and clean coops.. good luck
I THINK I MISS COUNTED THE DAYS AND TAUGHT ALL WOULD BE DONE BY SUNDAY BUT ITS RATHER MONDAY AND TUESDAY ......THREE OUT OF MY SIX EGGS HATCHED ON MONDAY SO I AM EXPECTING THE REST TODAY OR EARLY TOMORROW

Back
Top Bottom