i only have a week please help!!!!!

chitlen

Chirping
Dec 5, 2021
hey, so i just started incubating chicks again and we have a fue with one with a really weak leg. it can only really walk a fue steps and then just falls over on its side. it tries to get up but it's like the floor is too slippery and he doesn't exactly walk properly. my dad just wants to kill it but i think i can help it. do you have any suggestions on how to help it. PLEAS HELPPPPPPP

Can you post pictures of the chick? Is it getting trampled on by it's brooder mates?
Is it getting enough to eat? Pictures of you're brooder set up would be helpful, too!

Hello there! I’m so sorry to hear About this chick. Could we have pictures? Is that leg underdeveloped? Is it smaller than the other one? Does it look any different?

It may just be that this chick is sadly underdeveloped or it didn’t develop properly, it could be that it is not strong enough yet. What kind of flooring do you use? Maybe try to give it some nutridrench or sugar water to boost its energy and strength. If it’s not in any obvious pain, I would probably leave jr alone for a couple days to see if it gets any better.

Splayed legs or legs splitting apart are common in chicks especially if the surface they are walking on is slippery. If that is the problem it is sometimes fixed by attaching the legs together. A bandaid cut in half length wise and stuck to itself can be used to attach them.

Back
Top Bottom