I order my first chicks, did i ordered too many??

Brilliant putting rocks in the water tray. I guess you've heard how suicidal baby chicks can be.

Good luck and welcome to Chicken World. In no time you'll be asking why you are still spending money on cable when you have Chicken TV.
welcome-byc.gif

Your chicks are super cute! I just hatched out 8 Orpington eggs from Papa's Poultry & some of mine look very similar to yours. Looks like you got a few Lavender Orps! Those are my favorite.

Honora, I hope to see some of your pics of your Orpington's. I love the lavender, too! Mine are doing ok until this morning my chocolate Orpington has it back inner out and I'm totally freaked out. I posted for advice but no response yet. :confused:

Sorry to hear that, I wonder what could have happened? Maybe you can put some antibiotic ointment on it or something for the time being. If the other chicks are pecking it you should probably separate it until it heals.

Are you in California? If you post on the Northern California board people are really knowledgeable & helpful there.

Here are some of my chicks with the broodies:

I have 3 black chicks, 2 lavender, 1 chocolate, 1 blue and 1 lemon cuckoo, waiting on 3 more eggs to see if they hatch.

Good luck with your chocolate chick; I hope she is better soon.

Looks like you are doing great!
Going to post a different thread but I did something very similiar.

Love the pics of the lavender Orpingtons, never saw those before.

I when's next door to have dinner with neighbors and came back and found one of my lavender Orpington dead. I try to revive but I was too late. I'm so sad, I hope I don't end up loosing my chocolate one too! I guess I'm lucky that Papa's Poultry sent me extra chicks but I'm still upset the one die and the chocolate one in bad condition. My husband thinks I should put the little chocolate i named "Tiny Tim", I hate for TT to suffer.
1f614.png

I love the pictures of your little chicks, especially the one with the yellow butt that is eating, lol! what are the 2 big ones?

I when's next door to have dinner with neighbors and came back and found one of my lavender Orpington dead. I try to revive but I was too late. I'm so sad, I hope I don't end up loosing my chocolate one too! I guess I'm lucky that Papa's Poultry sent me extra chicks but I'm still upset the one die and the chocolate one in bad condition. My husband thinks I should put the little chocolate i named "Tiny Tim", I hate for TT to suffer.
1f614.png

I love the pictures of your little chicks, especially the one with the yellow butt that is eating, lol! what are the 2 big ones?

Very sorry to hear about your loss of the chick. :( How is your chocolate one doing? I have not lost any yet, although the broody attacked one of my incubator-hatched chicks & I had to rescue it.

My chocolate one with the fluffy butt was the first one to hatch; she hatched on Day 19 and she is ALWAYS eating! The broodies are Splash bantam Orps and they are really nice chickens.

Your Splash bantam Orps are beautiful, I can't wait for mine to grow up a bit more so they pass the danger stage of loosing them. I have currently lost 3 chicks and I hope I don't loose any more.

So my 26 chicks I received from my shipments is now down to 20 chicks, I'm a bit sad to lose the 6 chicks. I know the first one had issues with the Prolapsed vent and it didn't make it but the other 5 kinda just died without warning... I was thinking maybe the big ones were hurting them or something. I would just find them dead so, I hope it is not some sickness. Anyone experience this with their chicks?

Back
Top Bottom