I think CC is a Bob.

Momto3

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Northern Idaho
We have 2 red sex link chicks, but one is much bigger then the other. I saw a post mentioning the thickness of legs & combs. So I held them next to each other and at this point I am almost 95% sure CC is now a Bob. Breaks my heart because Bob is so sweet. I put my hand in the brooder and he will jump up from laying down an jump on my hand and just lay there. He will also just let me pet him while he is eating. Such a sweetie. I hate to have to get rid of him in time, but I cant have a rooster in town. I pray that our other chicks are girls. I have 1 SLW (believe it is a silver), 1 BA, 1 BR, 1 BO, 1 RSL & 2 EE. I am starting to think that maybe possibly 1 of the EE is a male, I pray not. Will post pictures here soon to get your opinions also.

Red sex-links are sex-linked because the males and females are different colors at hatch. The females are red/buff and the males are mostly white. So if yours are truly red sex-links and the same color they are the same sex.

When I bought them I was told they were red sex links. Yet when you look at them now, they look totally different from each other. Off to take some pictures.

Here are the pictures.

Picture067.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Picture063.jpg

Picture062.jpg

Hope these help.

Back
Top Bottom