I think it is mareks

Chickenlover0810

Songster
Sep 5, 2019
Michigan
I had a chick die from what I think is mareks, she was swollen on her under side and her comb is turning black. she had this weird stance where she was upright but she stretched her head over past her feet it was really weird. I have another chicken with sameish symptoms(swollen underside, black comb) please help I am leaving today for camping so if it is mareks I need to do something fast

Sorry for your loss!
How old was she?
Can you check their vents? Are they clean? Crops? Full/empty? Hard/soft?
I somehow doubt Mareks.
Dark combing is worrying. Are they drinking much?

I had a chick die from what I think is mareks, she was swollen on her under side and her comb is turning black. she had this weird stance where she was upright but she stretched her head over past her feet it was really weird. I have another chicken with sameish symptoms(swollen underside, black comb) please help I am leaving today for camping so if it is mareks I need to do something fast
What exactly do you feed?
What age was this bird?

What exactly do you feed?
What age was this bird?
We feed her layer feed from an Amish farmer and lil peep was a couple months until she would hit her one year mark And the other chicken Opal was I think 3 years I couldn’t tell if she was drinking, how long does it take for their food to fully digest and for their crop to flatten because lil peeps crop seemed to stay full for awhile

So she's what? 10 months? A year?
Is she laying? Does she eat/drink?
Photos of the underside that's swollen?
Crops should be full at night once they're eaten, and empty by morning.

I can’t give you a photo cause. We already buried lil peep and I am camping and I couldn’t cancel so I am not home right now. Prob 10 months old, and either she just started laying or is gonna start soon(but she can now:hit)

Back
Top Bottom