I think my duck has an eye infection. What should i do?

@adroit14 how is she tonight? Hopefully she just got a speck pf dirt or dust in her eye. I've had a few of mine do that and after they washed their heads a few times it was gone.. Does she have head washing bucket? put some ACV into her water 1-2 Tablespoons to 1 gal of water.
Will it be bad if she drinks the water?

Let us know how she is in the morning.

@adroit14 could any of your other ducks be picking on her? just trying to get to the bottom of this
Sorry for not replying. I have had hernia surgery and have been recovering in the hospital, and now I back home. I only have one other duck, and they play nice with each other. I have never seen aggression between the 2. Its still has a little foam, but not too much.

Sorry for not replying. I have had hernia surgery and have been recovering in the hospital, and now I back home. I only have one other duck, and they play nice with each other. I have never seen aggression between the 2. Its still has a little foam, but not too much.
I'm sorry you had to have surgery, I bet your glad to be home and I hope all goes well with healing.

Well sounds like she is improving so keep putting the ACV in their drinking bucket but if it still doesn't clear up altogether by weekend I'd get the Terramycin eye ointment[Feed store] and start applying it according to directions. Just to make sure it clears up completely.

I'm sorry you had to have surgery, I bet your glad to be home and I hope all goes well with healing.

Well sounds like she is improving so keep putting the ACV in their drinking bucket but if it still doesn't clear up altogether by weekend I'd get the Terramycin eye ointment[Feed store] and start applying it according to directions. Just to make sure it clears up completely.
Ok, ill pick up the medicine over the weekend.

Keep us updated please.
Ok, I am starting to get worried. She is having weird behavior. She went to the shallow side of the pond and started excessively cleaning herself. It looked like she was hitting her head on the rocks. Then she refused to get out of the pond, still cleaning herself. When we finally got her out, it looed like her eye got redder. Is it maybe breeding season? Ive never seen this type of behavior and I cant afford a vet in my current situation.
Any tips @caspo

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom